• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Coins...

12 posts in this topic

This is a good topic for comic and coin collectors alike...Sometime in the mid-nineties i purchased a silver coin made by marvel with wolverine on it for my brother. I believe it was also numbered with only a few thousand pieces minted. I believe he still has it, and im just curious if anyone here knows the current value on it. Im not sure if there were multiple types of wolverine coins made so if there were id have to find it to take a closer look. I believe i payed around $40 cdn for it at the time. Any help is appreciated. Thx. cool.gif

there was a thread quite awhile ago similar to this.Can't seem to find it though,might have been in the marketplace.

I have the Conan coin,with the original chain that you could order with it.Don't think it is all that highly sought after. BTW-It's not for sale.

About Five years ago and a few years before there was a dealer at the San Diego comic con that was the manufacturer of these coins and sold them there. They had gold, silver and bronze editions of each, and priced accordingly. Since I "faked" my way into the "retailer" show the day before the actual con pretending to be a store owner, I was able to buy some of these coins at 50% off. The silver and bronze coins were reasonable, I think I paid $7.50 per bronze (that's at 50% off) and maybe $12.50 per silver. The gold coins were very expensive. They had many of the key Marvel, DC and Star Trek characters available. I remember buying the silver Batman coin stamped #666 devil.gif since I was such a fan of The Omen movies. When I eventually sold that coin on Ebay I even pointed out that number. I think it sold for about $15. I have no idea about the current value of any of these. They did come in nice little velvet boxes though, each with a little certificate of authenticity. -----Sid

I guess we'll see????

Wolverine Coin

Here's an earlier attempt with the Reserve not being met.

Wolverine Coin

My take on this as a Comic Book collector and as a past coin collector is this:

Typically 1 oz silver Rounds sell for between $6.50 and $9.00 bucks depending on the design. Since this is a cross over collectable (Coins & Comics), I would say the going price should be in the $15 dollar range. Now if you find two people that just have to have it it may go for $20-$25, but I would think that would be the limit. The only real value is the silver, which is probably worht about $5 bucks an ounce right now. thumbsup2.gif

Wicked coin darth. Any idea of its current value, or any way of knowing how many different coins were made by either marvel or dc? cool.gif

I sold it for $25 but the MSRP is $50. Also, totally guessing but I think 1000 coins in this particular Batman DC series?