• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Way to Take pictures of books and slabs

25 posts in this topic

Have their been any threads recently about how to best take pictures of raw books and slabs? I am thinking about using a more detailed program to catalogue all of my books and figured I would see if there are any suggestions on how to take pictures (lighting setup and such), as I will be taking alot of them

thanks in advance

Randy

Tip 1: Don't take pictures while you're naked.

Tip 2: Don't stand directly in front of the slab when you take the picture.

Find a really hot young woman.

Ask her to strip.

Hold the slab in her lap.

Take photo.

Crop off extraneous material.

FTP to photobucket or somesuch.

Post in water cooler.

Wait for the modkill.

Have their been any threads recently about how to best take pictures of raw books and slabs? I am thinking about using a more detailed program to catalogue all of my books and figured I would see if there are any suggestions on how to take pictures (lighting setup and such), as I will be taking alot of them

thanks in advance

Randy

Buy a legal sized scanner that way you can scan the salbs as well (shrug)

thanks in advance

Randy

Buy a legal sized scanner that way you can scan the salbs as well (shrug)

I don't think there's ever been a thread on this Board about which scanner is the best. Could you start one? :wishluck:

I have to admit that, IMHO, the only thing photos are good for is proving that you have the item. You simply don't get any detail and I would never buy something on the strength of a pic.

Scanner is the only way to go. (thumbs u

I do have to agree, the difference between a scanned book versus photos is quite different. If scanned right (not too bright, not underexposed), it just makes a book sparkle.

I need to finally get a scanner.

I'd get me a legal scanner if I had room to put it meh

:gossip: sell that massive beer bottle collection

Why would I want to do that? They're all full.

Move some of the emptys out of the way..You should have room then (thumbs u

:gossip: sell that massive beer bottle collection

I see my reputation precedes me... :eek:

I was a bit disillusioned by the last scanner thread. I came away with the impression that all current scanners are lousy for slabs.

But beer is good (thumbs u