• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Toys that you had as a kid that really push nostalgia

388 posts in this topic

The greatest action figure ever created, and a pain to find with no paint wear. :cloud9:

colby2406.jpg

I had lawn darts.

I have an original set of Jarts in the box with the scoring hoops and everything. My law partner's mom was throwing them out in the garbage. Same way i scored a boxed Sears version of the Atari console.

Those darts are tough to come by. I have wanted to buy a set for a long time, but because they are illegal to sell, it makes it a bit of a challenge. (I can buy a semi-automatic gun and bullets at the same vendor on any given weekend, but lawn darts are forbidden... Thank God my government is looking out for me.)

I had lawn darts.

I have an original set of Jarts in the box with the scoring hoops and everything. My law partner's mom was throwing them out in the garbage. Same way i scored a boxed Sears version of the Atari console.

Jarts were EVIL!

:devil:

I was fooling around with jarts one day in my backyard, trying to throw them as high as I could. Well, one time I held on a little too long to the jart before releasing it and it sailed backwards over my head and came down right through the pool cover. Unknown to me at the time it lodged itself in the bottom liner of the pool.

Made for a nice surprise come spring when my dad opened up the pool. he was not happy. lol

Here are a couple of mine.

Navarone play set. One day I will have another

Navarone_Giant_Play_SetR.jpg

And, the best toy a boy in the 70s could ever have, the Big Wheel

jeff_big_wheel.jpg

Did anyone ever have this? Gunfight at OK Corral Game Found one on aby a few years ago and bought it.

94544.jpg.31a5f227f31ded773fb5a6a7c9c1f733.jpg

A few years ago, I had a boxed Alien but ended up selling it when I sold off my toys. It's such a cool toy! Mine was Near mint and the box was nearly perfect. Gotta be careful with the mouth mechanism as the elastic can wear down. A lot of people lost the plastic dome on it's head too.....Great toy! Super expensive too!

Shogun Warriors :cloud9: I had the giant sized Mazinga and my cousin had Raydeen. Those toys were awesome when we were kids. I remember Stretch Armstrong and G.I. Joe with the kung fu grip lol

How about Stretch Monster?

hm

STRETCH MONSTER RULES!!! This is an extremely valuable toy as well!!! Even out of the box they go for a lot of money as they're not all that common! Great post!

A few years ago, I had a boxed Alien but ended up selling it when I sold off my toys. It's such a cool toy! Mine was Near mint and the box was nearly perfect. Gotta be careful with the mouth mechanism as the elastic can wear down. A lot of people lost the plastic dome on it's head too.....Great toy! Super expensive too!
I wish I had one I could sell :cry: