• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 CRIME SUSPENSTORIES # 16 OFF-WHITE PGS - GAINES FILE

38 posts in this topic

Many thanks to everyone who bought from me in our last thread. Greatly appreciate all of you!

Please PM with any questions. I will answer asap.

Michael Shepherd

CGC 9.8 CRIME SUSPENSTORIES # 16 OFF-WHITE PGS

GAINES FILE COPY 5/12 WITH COA THAT IS SIGNED BY GAINES, OVERSTREET & COCHRAN PROVING LINEAGE.

Got this book off of CLink about a year ago for what I considered a STEAL. Only two 9.8's slabbed of this book that I know of. I'm sure if thats wrong, someone here will trip over theirselves to tell me :)

One seller on Ebay with alot of Gaines File copies is selling 9.8's at $3500 and up. My price of $2900 is what I feel this classic is worth.

Rules:

- First takeit.gif gets it and trumps any and all PM's.

- I ship everything and anything BOXED with delivery confirmation, no envelopes.

- Shipping with delivery confirmation and Insurance is INCLUDED in the Buy price for USA BIDDERS ONLY. That said, ANY deal other than the Buy price will have to have shipping and insurance added to the sale price.

- INTERNATIONAL bidders, sorry but you have to pay full postage and insurance on these lots.

- We take PAYPAL ONLY! It's quick and protects us both. Once you win, just PM me your paypal billing address and I'll get you a invoice out asap.

crimesuspense16cgc98.jpg

Underrated, very graphic cover...a classic. Fantastic book.

Many thanks guys! I also feel this book is underrated. I put this cover image right up there with other classics like Tales from the Crypt # 38, Crime SS # 20 and Shock SS # 7.

Just wanted everyone to see what I've been dealing with for not discounting this book for Tsimanga. This below is a cut and paste of what I deem very unprofessional. I did nothing to warrent this and I removed myself from the topic and then I get this in another unsolicited PM.

The quote from Martin aka Tsimanga....

----------------

I was just busting your balls a bit.. but you took it rather well I must say... and I can afford it if I wanted it that bad... I have a 9.6 now...

"Try to refrain from comments in the future with the sellers here"

My man, I've done well over 6 figures in sales and purchases on these boards in the past year... 10k just this week... I'm cool with acting how I wish to with anyone here my brother... I'm as legit as they come.

But... all being said.. I know you removed yourself from this topic so you don't really want to blab further... but lets just let this one fly.. again I was just busting balls a bit. After all, I did offer you an easy salable $2,200 book and 600 bucks )) That books been sold since then on these boards for... umm, 2,200 bucks...

Anyways... nice to meet you and see you around the boards... later...

Martin

--------------------

Sigh... I thought I left this foolishness behind at eBay.

Just wanted everyone to see what I've been dealing with for not discounting this book for Tsimanga. This below is a cut and paste of what I deem very unprofessional. I did nothing to warrent this and I removed myself from the topic and then I get this in another unsolicited PM.

----------------

I was just busting your balls a bit.. but you took it rather well I must say... and I can afford it if I wanted it that bad... I have a 9.6 now...

My man, I've done well over 6 figures in sales and purchases on these boards in the past year... 10k just this week... I'm cool with acting how I wish to with anyone here my brother... I'm as legit as they come.

But... all being said.. I know you removed yourself from this topic so you don't really want to blab further... but lets just let this one fly.. again I was just busting balls a bit. After all, I did offer you an easy salable $2,200 book and 600 bucks )) That books been sold since then on these boards for... umm, 2,200 bucks...

Martin

--------------------

Haha, well now that he has sold said $2200 book he should be able to table a cash offer of $2800 :grin:

Bruce

----------------

Martin

--------------------

Haha, well now that he has sold said $2200 book he should be able to table a cash offer of $2800 :grin:

Bruce

That's true Bruce. I just don't know why bragging makes some people think they're better than anybody else. My 9.8 CSS #16 was worth more to me than even 2 midgrade Showcase 22's. I just don't know why I need my b**ls busted over a comic book. I personally don't care if he bought the million dollar Action # 1 on his trip to China he said he just got back from. Just unprofessional... but anybody can be a "big man" on the internet :sumo:

----------------

Martin

--------------------

Unprofessional is right, sell it at the price you want. This rant sounded like a tactic used by a certain New York dealer I use to buy from. hm hm

:popcorn:

i have a feeling this thread is going to get very interesting.....

I apologize in advance. I didn't want to "add fuel to a fire", but I guess I did. I just don't understand how after one removes himself from a topic with someone, they still have to sling the "I'm better than you" comments in further PM's. Does this happen often here? Or is just a select few that like to toss their "weight" around.