• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NERD-VANA!

16 posts in this topic

There was some discussion a few weeks back about the merit or lack of merit for vintage Jim Starlin art. I clearly came down on the side of being a big fan of Starlins peak years during his Capt. Marvel and Warlock run. Little did I know at the time that that would lead me to acquiring this thing of beauty--

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryPiece.asp?Piece=610135&GSub=94718&GCat=1665&UCat=0

If you like this sort of thing, then this is as good as it gets. If you don't, well, try again damn it cause this is good stuff!

And yup, I'm one happy camper...

Scott Williams

Congrats Scott,

That's about as perfect an example of the artist, character and era as you could possibly get.

I know it makes you happy and that makes me happy for you.

Best,

Chris

Congrats Scott,

That's about as perfect an example of the artist, character and era as you could possibly get.

I know it makes you happy and that makes me happy for you.

Best,

Chris

Thanks Chris! We're sharing the nerd-love.

Scott Williams

When i started collecting comic book art, i mainly wanted artists from the periods that i was reading comics (1983-1992) but as i slowly evolved as a collector in the art world i kept being drawn back to the artists from the 70's. I have to say that now i am a 70's Junkie and its costing me a pretty penny trying to accumulate a collection of prime examples from that period. Scott all i have to say is that you own one of the best examples of comic book art, from my personal opinion the BEST era of comic books.

Raul Novo

When i started collecting comic book art, i mainly wanted artists from the periods that i was reading comics (1983-1992) but as i slowly evolved as a collector in the art world i kept being drawn back to the artists from the 70's. I have to say that now i am a 70's Junkie and its costing me a pretty penny trying to accumulate a collection of prime examples from that period. Scott all i have to say is that you own one of the best examples of comic book art, from my personal opinion the BEST era of comic books.

Raul Novo

Hey, thanks Raul. I think it's common for comic fans to start out appreciating one era and eventually learn to search out where ideas and art styles come from, and appreciate the evolution of the art form. That's why I'm such a big fan of comics and art from the 60's, because of how it influenced and informed the comics I grew up on from the 70's and 80's, such as this Warlock cover.

Scott Williams