• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Kane

22 posts in this topic

It is a sweet book. I met Bob Kane when Warner Bros. trotted him out to promote Batman Returns back in 92. He was there at MIDNIGHT at a Tower Records in LA with the Batmobile in the cold wind (they moved him inside so he wouldn't catch pneumonia or anything) and I stood in line for a couple of hours, but he never gave up, signed everyone's VHS box covers, and my comic. I had about 2 hr notice and was lucky to find that book in my collection before I left, considering it was a late night and all the comic shops were closed.

And if that comic wasn't safely stored away in a different building while I'm packing for the Emerald City show, I might have posted a pic... Maybe next week. :)

Joel

I really, REALLY want to get a Bob Kane signature for the collection but I'm just so skeptical since he brought the authenticity of his signatures, sketches, and artwork into question with his overuse/abuse of ghosts.

I remember seeing a Tec 31 signed by Bob Kane.. Forgot who the board member was, but I thought it was sick!

Frankly 31 being my favorite cover - If I could find a nice one that was signed by Bob Kane I would certainly entertain spending a "bundle" on it.

I really, REALLY want to get a Bob Kane signature for the collection but I'm just so skeptical since he brought the authenticity of his signatures, sketches, and artwork into question with his overuse/abuse of ghosts.

Very good point.

And I really want one as well. That can be proven.

I know tons of his early sigs credited to him on books were bogus but wouldn't sigs on personal sketches and signed copies be legit? Most of the artists were pissed about it in there later years, wouldn't think they would sign anymore of his stuff for him.

That is exactly what I thought. I thought that the signed and sketched "Batman and Me" books would be a sure thing. They were released in 1989 or so and came signed and sketched from the publisher. In recent years, I've heard rumors that Bob Kane may not have even done those.

The world may never know. (shrug)

Probably the one place you can get some solid Kane signatures is through Bob Feldmann (used to be the President and cofounder of Dynamic Forces). He still has a bunch of random books signed by Kane but you'll pay a tidy premium for them.

Probably the one place you can get some solid Kane signatures is through Bob Feldmann (used to be the President and cofounder of Dynamic Forces). He still has a bunch of random books signed by Kane but you'll pay a tidy premium for them.

I was thinking the same thing. DF may be the only place with authenticated sigs. And I am sure they are very expensive.