• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament Round of 64

272 posts in this topic

:tonofbricks:

WOW just, Jeez I either suck at grading books in slabs or someone at CGC was smokin some good stuff that day. I hope it's a little of both. I've never really graded in slab before and I seem to grade just a little low but. I've never had grades not even be in the right ballpark.

Congrats on having some nice books I wouldn't have even submitted :frustrated:

Avengers 95 OW-W Pages 8.5

Fantastic Four 47 OW Pages 9.2

Iron Man 56 White Pages 9.6

Marvel Premiere 3 OW-W Pages 9.0

Cimm

Actual grades...

Avengers 95 OW-W 9.4

Fantastic Four 47 OW Pages 9.4

Iron Man 56 White Pages 9.6

Marvel Premiere 3 OW-W Pages 9.6

:tonofbricks:

WOW just, Jeez I either suck at grading books in slabs or someone at CGC was smokin some good stuff that day. I hope it's a little of both. I've never really graded in slab before and I seem to grade just a little low but. I've never had grades not even be in the right ballpark.

Congrats on having some nice books I wouldn't have even submitted :frustrated:

Umm - don't worry just yet B3AST (if that really is your name). I was your opponent and I went 8.5 (!!!) on the Avengers 95, so I really screwed the first one - time will tell who was least bad! lol

I thought there was a massive thumb edge curl along the top BC of the FF book... (shrug)

That and some printing bubbles half way down the RBC. I know printing defects don't detract that much but that with the edge curl I thought killed the book.

And don't get me started on that top staple on the Avengers 95

I thought there was a massive thumb edge curl along the top BC of the FF book... (shrug)

That and some printing bubbles half way down the RBC. I know printing defects don't detract that much but that with the edge curl I thought killed the book.

... and the (apparent) stains front and back. (shrug)

... and the (apparent) stains front and back. (shrug)

Man, am I ever glad that my monitor is not as good as you guys' . . . :insane:lol

The impact bend on the lower left corner of the F.F. book threw me off.I said 8.5,never would have guessed 9.4 (shrug)

I also graded it at 8.5. :shrug:

ditto

Same here.

The impact bend on the lower left corner of the F.F. book threw me off.I said 8.5,never would have guessed 9.4 (shrug)

I also graded it at 8.5. :shrug:

ditto

Same here.

I too, was surprised at the 9.4 . . . but I would have been even more surprised at an 8.5 :grin: