• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bold move?

22 posts in this topic

I am looking for a little advice. Now I have always been more of a comic hoarder then a trader but I have a nice book (WWBN #32 CGC 9.6) and I am not sure what to do with it. While I understand people cannot go to the selling forums and start a bidding process I am trying to figure out a for price. Does anyone think that I could get enough for a WWBN CGC 9.6 to be able to afford a AF #15 in low grade (not a 0.5 but a 2.5 or so?).

I am looking for a little advice. Now I have always been more of a comic hoarder then a trader but I have a nice book (WWBN #32 CGC 9.6) and I am not sure what to do with it. While I understand people cannot go to the selling forums and start a bidding process I am trying to figure out a for price. Does anyone think that I could get enough for a WWBN CGC 9.6 to be able to afford a AF #15 in low grade (not a 0.5 but a 2.5 or so?).

:roflmao:

You maybe able to afford a AF 15 CGC 0.0. :jokealert:

Last couple of public sales has been in the $3000-3500 range (according to GPA), but there's one on comiclink for $2700 right now - a CGC 2.5 copy of AF #15 might be a stretch, but a CGC 2.0 copy should definitely be doable ...

Thanks. I saw the one on Comiclink and that was what I was using as a base of information.

As I don't sell much I don't have GPA so thanks for the info!

Comiclink has seen more sales of this book in this grade, so it's a more accurate tool than GPA in this instance (thumbs u

I'm not sure what the issue is and why everyone is jumping on this idea? We're not talking about an actual "trade" are we- it's a two step process

1. Sell one Bronze age book

2. Buy one Silver Age key.

And if we WERE talking about a trade, why not? What's funny? If the dollars match up- the dollars match up. :shrug:

I'm not sure what the issue is and why everyone is jumping on this idea? We're not talking about an actual "trade" are we- it's a two step process

1. Sell one Bronze age book

2. Buy one Silver Age key.

And if we WERE talking about a trade, why not? What's funny? If the dollars match up- the dollars match up. :shrug:

I just posted my $5.00 offer in between Poker Stars hands. ;-)

I think if the dollars match up-the dollars match up.

While I agree with the dollars argument, most collectors stick to the old adage of "don't trade in different eras", otherwise you could get yourself in big trouble.

Whatever you decide to do with the money, you need to sell that WBN immediately. 9.6 prices are really, really good (for a seller) at the moment.

Andre (campued) has a Hulk #181 9.6 in the marketplace right now listed at $4350. That's only 1K higher than GPA for WBN #32 9.6.

Wolverine vs. Moon Knight? Really?

I'd sell that WBN before more copies start showing up on the census. I don't think you'll see the number of copies in 9.6 match HUlk #181. But still...there have be plenty more out there.

While I agree with the dollars argument, most collectors stick to the old adage of "don't trade in different eras", otherwise you could get yourself in big trouble.

That is a good point an one I had thought of but wasn't sure if it was a concept followed often. That being said it does make sense that those looking for high grade bronze are most likely not looking to give up silver age keys.

They're different sets of collectors. The people looking to pay big money for 9.6 copies of WWBN 32, Hero For Hire 1 or Marvel Spotlight 5 either already have, or are not willing to pour that money instead into low-grade copies of AF 15, FF1, or Hulk 1.

And trading like this happens all the time. I'm proud to say I bought an NYX # 3 for $1 that I sold for $55. I then used that $55 to buy a group of 8 VG copies of Brave & Bold that included issue # 54.

And _many_ people traded early Valiants at their peak for key Marvel Silver Age--dealers were willing to do it because--at the time--they could sell out of a longbox of Valiants at a show _much_ faster than they could the Marvel Silver books.