• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I am getting sick of looking at the carpeting on C- link

28 posts in this topic

What a load of C R A P . If they haven't sold by now they sure as H E L L aren't going to today or tomorrow.

May I make a suggestion ebay.

rantrantrantrantrantrant

Start the auction at .01 cent bid on Ebay with no reserve and the market will decide what these books that haven`t sold in YEARS are really worth

but it won`t happen because

it would be eye opening EXPERIENCE as the books will go probaly for a lot less then what they are asking. ;)

Of course, to end the constant bumping would be to admit an error in judgment.

Yeah but on the plus side, if he sells them, he would receive money for the transaction which one would think is actually the point of putting them up for sale. (shrug)

Of course, to end the constant bumping would be to admit an error in judgment.

Yeah but on the plus side, if he sells them, he would receive money for the transaction which one would think is actually the point of putting them up for sale. (shrug)

Valid logic, but if the purpose is to truly sell them, is it not clear the lack of response indicates too high a price point? hm

Or if the intent is to keep highly priced books in the public eye (on the first page) with the hope that someone will bite at at least one* -- then the repeated appearance of these books is an irritating manipulation of the website. If one is not pricing them to sell, them let them slip off the first page and be found as a result of someone searching for those titles. rantrant

*It's interesting to note that CL will not accept any bid that is not at least half the asking price.

Valid logic, but if the purpose is to truly sell them, is it not clear the lack of response indicates too high a price point? hm

Or if the intent is to keep highly priced books in the public eye (on the first page) with the hope that someone will bite at at least one* -- then the repeated appearance of these books is an irritating manipulation of the website. If one is not pricing them to sell, them let them slip off the first page and be found as a result of someone searching for those titles. rantrant

*It's interesting to note that CL will not accept any bid that is not at least half the asking price.

(thumbs u

Why do books that have sold 2 years ago still stay on the site? I have never bought anything from them yet, I just dont understand why they stay up so long

Basically it's because Clink wants to show how well their site is doing in terms of selling big ticket books. Can be frustrating (especially when you peruse Timely titles, as most of them are "sale pending") but I see why they do it.

It really is silly when the lowest possible bid price is still outside the range of what anyone would willingly pay for the book. I complained in a phone call and was told they would look into it. Either it doesn't bother them or they haven't gotten around to looking. Maybe a mass email campaign would get their attention since this has been brought up in other threads, too.

Um, what the F are you talking about?

Possibly Dekewad's constantly bumped books? (shrug)

give the man a kewpie doll

You know I've heard that expression for years, even in some vintage movies and I never had an idea what a "kewpie doll" looked like...so I just looked it up...and I don't like it that much hm

Um, what the F are you talking about?

Possibly Dekewad's constantly bumped books? (shrug)

give the man a kewpie doll

You know I've heard that expression for years, even in some vintage movies and I never had an idea what a "kewpie doll" looked like...so I just looked it up...and I don't like it that much hm

They're kinda creepy.....

kewpie-doll.jpg