• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any "MUST READ" comics coming out tomorrow 2/11/04?**spoiler**

47 posts in this topic

I am assuming Secret War # 1 is coming out tomorrow since it didn't come out last week. 893applaud-thumb.gif Punisher MAX #3 is out as well. thumbsup2.gif Should be interesting on how Ennis is going to bring Punisher back to life after Micro gave him a shotgun blast to the head. Anyone know when the final JLA/Avengers is suppose to come out? gossip.gif I thought it was suppose to come out last month.

If you're going to give away important plot points in your posts it would be appreciated if you gave a spoiler warning first.

On to the topic at hand.

In addition to the books you mentioned:

1602 #7

Hulk #67

Fables #22

My LCS list shows that the new Marvel Knights FF is due to be coming out tomorrow. Might be worth a gander.

Also, a new story arc for Aquaman which has been getting a lot of buzz recently in trade pubs.

Another is one I haven't heard anything about but might be a good story just based on the title.. Deep Sleeper #1.

confused-smiley-013.gif

No idea who the publisher is.

If you're going to give away important plot points in your posts it would be appreciated if you gave a spoiler warning first.

On to the topic at hand.

In addition to the books you mentioned:

1602 #7

Hulk #67

Fables #22

Sorry about the spoiler. The plot was given out in last weeks thread so I didn't even think about it when I posted.

This week I am getting:

Alter Ego 33

Avengers 78

Back Issue 2

Captain America 23

Green Arrow 35

Hawkman 25

Incredible Hulk 67

Knights "4" 1

Marvel 1602 7

Secret War Book One

Teen Titans 8

Ultimate X-Men 42 (2 copies)

+

Flash Crossfire TP

Thor Vikings TP

Kev

This week I am getting:

Alter Ego 33

Avengers 78

Back Issue 2

Captain America 23

Green Arrow 35

Hawkman 25

Incredible Hulk 67

Knights "4" 1

Marvel 1602 7

Secret War Book One

Teen Titans 8

+

Flash Crossfire TP

Thor Vikings TP

Kev

What is special about Ultimate X-men that you are buying 2 copies? Which issues does the Flash TP cover? I might be interested in getting it if it includes the story arc leading up to issue 200 that was given great reviews.

One copy of UXM is for a friend.

Flash Crossfire reprints issues in the 180's.

Kev

I am not a DC expert so forgive me for asking stupid questions and not knowing character names. The story arc I am thinking about had the bad guy that looks like Flash, but has a yellow suit with red bolt. I don't know whether the hype was because of the writer or artist. Do you know and did you like those issues?

This week I am getting:

Alter Ego 33

Avengers 78

Back Issue 2

Captain America 23

Green Arrow 35

Hawkman 25

Incredible Hulk 67

Knights "4" 1

Marvel 1602 7

Secret War Book One

Teen Titans 8

+

Flash Crossfire TP

Thor Vikings TP

Kev

I'm getting more then the three books I listed. I thought he was asking about "must reads" so I only listed the three I did as the rest of the books on my list are only bought out of habit, not because they are good. insane.gif

I think you are referring to "Reverse Flash"....I'm pretty sure that was closer to #200, than the 180's. But, they are all written by Geoff Johns. I read the "Flash: Villains" TPB by him. I had never read a Flash book in my life, and found it to be pretty entertaining.

Always wondered how they could make a power as basic as super-speed interesting. Johns does a really cool job w/ it.

Chris

Yes, the guy in the yellow suit is the Reverse-Flash, or Professor Zoom.

He's an old Flash villain that Johns revived - the original was a guy from the future that went back in time to take on the Flash - he even masqueraded as the original Flash, Barry Allen in a great story arc written by Mark Waid.

This Professor Zoom is a new character, I think he's a police officer introduced a few years ago, but only recently gained powers and a new attitude. He became the new Zoom in Flash Secret Files 3, but didn't fight the Flash until issue 197, so those stories won't be in the TP coming out this week.

I didn't buy these issues so I don't know if they were any good. I have been buying the TP collections of the Geoff Johns Flash stories instead (and I've been enjoying them), so I can't say if this collection is any good until after I get and read it. I do like the art by Scott Kolins. Stpryline deals with a set of villains trying to take over the city where the Flash lives.

Kev

Since I'm buying them all, I "must read" them all too.

Can't recommend if I haven't read them, but based on previous works/successes the books I am looking forward to reading the most are:

Secret War Book One

Marvel 1602 #7

Hawkman #25 (digging this JSA x-over)

Teen Titans #8 (Raven returns)

Knights 4 #1 (great artwork)

I'm really looking forward to reading the Flash and Thor TPs. I forgot to order Tomorrow Stories Book 2 HC so I'll have to wait another week to get it.

The book I am LEAST looking forward to on my list is Incredible Hulk 67. Definitely on the verge of dropping it based on the storylines to date. Deodato art is gorgeous and has been enough for now, but if the Hulk doesn't even appear in his own book...

Kev

Anybody getting the Adam Strange Archives?

I'm tempted, but I'm not sure quite what to expect since I've never read any of the early stories.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

It will be a mixed bag, and I'm currently sitting on the fence as to whether to get it. The first few stories will have scratchy Mike Sekowsky art-- towards the end you'll begin to see some of the most beautiful Silver Age art of all time by Infantino with Murphy Anderson inking. The stories will be Gardner Fox formula sci-fi puzzles (if you think silver age JLA is corny, you might want to stay away). Some are enjoyable, others will be a drag. The stories definitely follow a formula, so might not read well together in 1 collection.

Anybody getting the Adam Strange Archives?

I'm tempted, but I'm not sure quite what to expect since I've never read any of the early stories.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

It will be a mixed bag, and I'm currently sitting on the fence as to whether to get it. The first few stories will have scratchy Mike Sekowsky art-- towards the end you'll begin to see some of the most beautiful Silver Age art of all time by Infantino with Murphy Anderson inking. The stories will be Gardner Fox formula sci-fi puzzles (if you think silver age JLA is corny, you might want to stay away). Some are enjoyable, others will be a drag. The stories definitely follow a formula, so might not read well together in 1 collection.

Thanks for the input.

Maybe this will go on my Christmas List 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks again,

Fan4Fan

John's Flash stuff is currently one of my favorite reads. I would highly recommend picking it up. Both his fight with Zoom in 197-200 and the subsequent fallout of that fight in issues 201-206 were excellent. thumbsup2.gif

Russ

Thanks for the clarification, Kev. Also, the TPB I read was called "Rogues", not "Villains". I haven't read any other Flash books since, but I'll prob pick up a trade soon.

I agree about the artwork. It's a little cartoony, but it suits the title and character pretty well.

From the little bit I heard about what takes place in #200 and on, it actually sounds pretty good too. I think I'm talking myself into buying it. foreheadslap.gif