• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highest graded cgc Action # 1 comming to Comicconnect.

206 posts in this topic

Well I must say comic connect loves the action 1's. They have probably sold more than all of the other auction houses combined. I think the question is will it eclipse the record sale last month of the 8.0.

Is there anyone else out there who is willing to pay over seven figures for it?

It will and has already beatin the Tec 27 former record.

So the seller took a cash advance from Metro rather than waiting himself to see what it would garner at auction?

Why?

Well I must say comic connect loves the action 1's. They have probably sold more than all of the other auction houses combined. I think the question is will it eclipse the record sale last month of the 8.0.

So the seller took a cash advance from Metro rather than waiting himself to see what it would garner at auction?

Why?

He sold it to them for more than 1.075M, wouldn't you?

Why?

As Mr Spock says I have not yet processed that information to give an informitive answer.

Why?

No

Old label means 2001-2003 submittal right?

The rust might have progressed into the pages by now?

Ticking time bomb if you ask me.

It should probably be reslabbed as well to get fresh micro chamber paper.

Still... WOW!

Why?

There is no auction. Steve bought it, and will list it at a set price.

Why?

No

You need two bidders desperate enough to buy it in an auction to acheive that price.

A sale only needs one and I can't see Metro buying the book if they hadn't already lined up a buyer.

Still... WOW!

Rust doesn't migrate if the comic is removed from the environment that caused the rust initially.

Why?

No

Well, seeing as how at least one of the players for a million dollar Action 1 is out of the bidding, that sorta thins out the buying pool. Who's to say that it would sell for more than 1M if it went to auction as the last sale was a fixed price listing.

Why?

No

Well, seeing as how at least one of the players for a million dollar Action 1 is out of the bidding, that sorta thins out the buying pool. Who's to say that it would sell for more than 1M if it went to auction as the last sale was a fixed price listing.

Again, it's not going to be auctioned. This will be a set price listing.

Why?

No

Again, it's not going to be auctioned. This will be a set price listing.

Yes, I know. I was addressing the question of why sell it rather than put it up for auction (thumbs u

So for those of us out of the loop is this the second highest grade unrestored copy in existance only behind the Mile High?

This is THE highest grade unrestored copy in existence IMO. All else is speculation until the Mile High and any other high grade copies actually get graded and receive a blue label and higher grade.

So for those of us out of the loop is this the second highest grade unrestored copy in existance only behind the Mile High?

This is THE highest grade unrestored copy in existence IMO. All else is speculation until the Mile High and any other high grade copies actually get graded and receive a blue label and higher grade.

Considering that one of the people that has said publicly that the Mile High would grade higher than this copy is the person selling this copy, I tend to believe him.

Yeah, if it werent for the staples I would give in a clean 9.2. and thats at least.

CGC will give books with rusted staples grades up to at least 9.2, possibly higher, so we can't say much until we know what defects are present on the book.

Still... WOW!

Rust doesn't migrate if the comic is removed from the environment that caused the rust initially.

Jeff, how big of a deal is the rust on this book? You'll have to forgive my lack of knowledge on this subject.

Will the rust migrate ever? Under optimal conditions, in a slab, reslabbed, etc...Is the rust retarded forever or will it eventually worsen, even if it takes decades?

Doesn't CGC allow for replacement of staples if you're using staples from the same era? Would that be something that would benefit this book? Would it make it purple label?

I don't know how others feel but rust is a no no for me. And if CGC went so far as to list "rusted staples" I would think I would want those staples gone if I could have them replaced and not plod the book.

Thoughts would be mucho appreciated.