• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hellboy all the way
3 3

245 posts in this topic

I really wish Hellboy books were consecutively numbered.

You mean all the little series that pop up all over the place? I guess Mignola likes to do short stories, and plugged them in where he could.

I really wish the old hellboy.com site would put the content back up that clearly showed each appearance, and outlined the details of the story. I guess the web designer was getting burned out maintaining the site, so he turned it over to someone else and pulled all his content down.

That wasn't helpful.

I really wish Hellboy books were consecutively numbered.

You mean all the little series that pop up all over the place?

Yes. All the miniseries could have been handled as story arcs under a single Hellboy moniker. For anyone trying to figure out what order to read them, they are forced to go with the trades. I defy you to tell me what order to read the floppies in without looking it up. lol Also, on the secondary market aspect, if it were a single ongoing, I think there's an argument there for the back issues being worth more than they currently are.

Also, on the secondary market aspect, if it were a single ongoing, I think there's an argument there for the back issues being worth more than they currently are.

I absolutely believe this to be true.

I have to admit, it is a continuity killer. Without the old pages of Hellboy.com, I didn't know if "Seed of Destruction" or "Wolves of Saint August" occurred first when it came to story sequence.

It's all most as bad as all those Goon 1st appearances/previews/tag - you're it issues and figuring out which is which.

:whistle:

I have to admit, it is a continuity killer. Without the old pages of Hellboy.com, I didn't know if "Seed of Destruction" or "Wolves of Saint August" occurred first when it came to story sequence.

It's all most as bad as all those Goon 1st appearances/previews/tag - you're it issues and figuring out which is which.

:whistle:

Terrible analogy. And painfully transparent in its intent. :baiting:

lol

It really is a pain in the butt to figure it out what issues are considered first appearance versus preview material with The Goon. But of course, having Avatar Illustrated 98, Dreamwalker 0 and Goon 1 Avatar fixes all those concerns.

lol

It really is a pain in the butt to figure it out what issues are considered first appearance versus preview material with The Goon. But of course, having Avatar Illustrated 98, Dreamwalker 0 and Goon 1 Avatar fixes all those concerns.

Here's Lebowski's judgment:

Avatar Illustrated '98 - First Goon preview/ad

DreamWalker #0 - First Goon appearance

Avatar Goon #1 - First Goon in his own series

Sorta like Hellboy, Mr. "I'm pretending to be frightened by Goon books to get under T.J.'s skin when in reality my precious Hellboy comes from the same cluttered and confusing background."

Sorta like Hellboy, Mr. "I'm pretending to be frightened by Goon books to get under T.J.'s skin when in reality my precious Hellboy comes from the same cluttered and confusing background."

:blahblah:

I still ya, baby.

:foryou:

I still ya, baby.

You still what me?

I still ya, baby.

You still what me?

Dang smilies.

:luhv:

Awesome stuff Nick! You've inspired me to do something similar for my 2 boys. hm

Thanks Charlie!

It was definitely a work of love tracking down all these books in 9.8, and especially the Dark Horse Presents books that had some horrible paper quality.

Awesome stuff Nick! You've inspired me to do something similar for my 2 boys. hm

Thanks Charlie!

It was definitely a work of love tracking down all these books in 9.8, and especially the Dark Horse Presents books that had some horrible paper quality.

QFT. I looked at a half dozen of each of the Hellboy DHPs two weekends ago from a typically very good warehouse-type source of books. They all were wrecked. :cry:

On a better note, my DHP 29 is coming back 9.8. :banana: