• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hellboy all the way
3 3

245 posts in this topic

I always wanted to show this piece, but I never came around to take some pics.

Lobster Johnson in all is awesomeness. This was done by a UK artist whom I met on CBR Hellboy forum.

One of my favorite Hellboy related items (that I own)!

406509_228658060594211_1174303234_n.jpg

Edited by radjack

From experience, most Hellboy fans I know like a certain style of comic books, mostly pulpish stuff,. I also noticed that 9 times out of 10 they follow creators instead of characters.

In other forums the Hellboy thread usually diverges to other topics such as movies, other similar style comics (The Goon, Rocketeer, etc), statue and merchandise collecting, etc.

Also, with so many books Mignola related books coming out every month (BPRD, Hellboy, Baltimore, Witchfinder, Lobster Johnson and Abe Sapien) I was wondering why more people don't discuss it here...

I do believe Hellboy has one of the most rich universes in comic books, there's a lot to discuss!

Would be happy to discuss with other hellboy fans, I'm interested first by the work of mike mignola. I like the gothic atmosphere, church, grave and so on. The pictures simples but effectives. The use of the black, the choice of the colors...