• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wait... the Church Flash 1 just sold for $450k?

134 posts in this topic

George, a very good point.

Another thing that I have mentioned is the number of actual unrestored copies on the census.

Marvel #1 19 unrestored 28 restored total 47

Action #1 26 unrestored 16 restored total 43

Tec #27 22 unrestored 23 restored total 45

There are less unrestored MC #1 than the other 2!

But also interesting to note that there are twice as many copies of MC #1 in 8.0 or better than either Action #1 or Tec 27.

:applause: great time for GA DCs!!

DC is hot across the board with high grade silver just catching fire!

Tell that to Gary Keller. :baiting:

Back on topic, that Church Flash 1 is stunning. What a gorgeous book. The scans are very easy on the eyes. :cloud9:

Another thing that I have mentioned is the number of actual unrestored copies on the census.

But also interesting to note that there are twice as many copies of MC #1 in 8.0 or better than either Action #1 or Tec 27.

which when added to the relative importance of the comics will mean that the Marvel #1 will trail the other two price terms.

Question is whether the current price differential will change over time if Marvel #1 high grade owners actually held the books for a decent period of time?

which when added to the relative importance of the comics will mean that the Marvel #1 will trail the other two price terms.

Question is whether the current price differential will change over time if Marvel #1 high grade owners actually held the books for a decent period of time?

I think that maybe the problem, too many Flippers on some of the other GA issues, how long did Gary Keller hold his books for?

:applause: great time for GA DCs!!

DC is hot across the board with high grade silver just catching fire!

Tell that to Gary Keller. :baiting:

Back on topic, that Church Flash 1 is stunning. What a gorgeous book. The scans are very easy on the eyes. :cloud9:

Within reason.

If you dump a multi million dollar run there are only so many books that can get absorbed.

He absolutely bailed and that was evident in his sale prices.

Based on recent sales, I think the Flash #1 at 450K was a smart buy.

...and dare I say it....this makes the Marvel Pay Copy look like a bargain at $200K.

I don`t think so, and the reason is that if a high grade-ish MC 1 sells for anything decent, a flood of other copies will right behind it.

Kill joy.

:acclaim:

That's the $1 million question.

Based on recent sales, I think the Flash #1 at 450K was a smart buy.

...and dare I say it....this makes the Marvel Pay Copy look like a bargain at $200K.

I don`t think so, and the reason is that if a high grade-ish MC 1 sells for anything decent, a flood of other copies will right behind it.

Kill joy.

:acclaim:

Good morning. Had your coffee yet?

:makepoint:

Lets face it if its really a 9.8 it won't be a stretch to suggest that it would sell for more than the Church Action #1.

Yes it would.

This isn't the SA Marvel market. Numerical grades for these types of books are relatively irrelevant--it's about being the best copy in existence. Even if the MH Action 1 was only a CGC 9.2 and the AT Detective 27 was a CGC 9.6 and the MH MC 1 was a CGC 9.8, in my opinion the MH Action 1 would still be the most valuable, the AT 27 would be second, and (maybe) the MC 1 would be third.

I personally would think the Det. 27 9.6 is #1 then Action #1 9.2 is #2 unless of course the Action #1 MH is a 9.4 then it might be a coin flip. There is just a huge price swing even in .2 increments of a grade for these two mega keys that I believe the Tec 27 AT is the most valuable book.

Back cover's not so nice, in my opinion.

I really don't mind dust shadows on Church books, especially on the back covers. To me, it is one of the distinct characteristics of the pedigree and kind of comes with the territory.

Hey, that's just the way Edgar stacked them. :acclaim:

I hope Veryzl slabbs the Church MC#1 and gets $3M+ for it and then we can watch the MC#1 haters scramble for cover. Lets face it if its really a 9.8 it won't be a stretch to suggest that it would sell for more than the Church Action #1.

Never happen , at least today it wouldnt.Even with the Mile Highs, how many are 9.8? The best books are 9.4 or 9.6......but a 9.8/???

Id bet good coin its not 9.8

I am familiar with johns quote that he couldnt find anything wrong with it but I couldnt find anything wrong with a 9.6 either.

I hope Veryzl slabbs the Church MC#1 and gets $3M+ for it and then we can watch the MC#1 haters scramble for cover. Lets face it if its really a 9.8 it won't be a stretch to suggest that it would sell for more than the Church Action #1.

This might be the funniest thing I've read all month.

I agree with Tim that it would be a distant 3rd at best, as most likely the nicest Superman #1 would also be a strong challenger for the #3 spot.

I don't have a problem thinking it could be a 9.8 though - John Snyder told me last year that the Marvel #1-10 was the nicest condition 1-10 run of any of the key titles (and since he had them all he should know). but 9.8, 9.6, 9.4, or even 9.9 it ain't beating the big two in price.

I agree with Tim that it would be a distant 3rd at best, as most likely the nicest Superman #1 would also be a strong challenger for the #3 spot.

I don't have a problem thinking it could be a 9.8 though - John Snyder told me last year that the Marvel #1-10 was the nicest condition 1-10 run of any of the key titles (and since he had them all he should know). but 9.8, 9.6, 9.4, or even 9.9 it ain't beating the big two in price.

Surely I agree no question.

So a top 3 book/key of all-time in 9.8 is going to only command, what $1.0M? No chance in hell.

(thumbs u

So a top 3 book/key of all-time in 9.8 is going to only command, what $1.0M? No chance in hell.

my guess is the church marvel 1, if slabbed, would likely find a buyer in the 2mil range

and I suspect that if a nicer than 8.0 MH supes 1 hit the market, it too, would be in the 1.5+ mill range

Not sayin that! Not sayin it cant do a mill, what is being said is it cant top a 9.2 Action 1 or a 9.6 Tec 27 and I whole hearted agree!