• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega-con, Mega-hangover.

21 posts in this topic

Lots of pictures of dumb mess:

We left early Friday morning so I could get in, help with the Camex con set-up and be on my way to Megacon without much hassle. Of course, nothing works that way and I ended up being stuck setting up for about 5 hours before I could leave. No big deal...I walked back to the hotel, made myself a drink to try to soften the blow from the anime-nerd-explosion and headed over.

We were at the Peabody so the con was literally across the street...easy for drink runs, etc..

I bought a few dollar books from Bedrock and spent most of the day checking out what everyone had so I didn't blow all my cash the first day.

Bedrock had GREAT dollar books.

megadsg.jpg

ttttt-1.jpg

tttttttttt.jpg

Friday night, we went out, grabbed some food from the hell-hole that is Int. Dr. and made it a relatively quiet night.

Saturday, as soon as I woke up, I started drinking. I always have one day of every con I go to devoted to stinking of whiskey, taking pictures, and chatting people up.

mega9.jpg

mega8.jpg

(She was beautiful. Best looking woman at the con by a mile.)

mega7.jpg

mega6.jpg

(Who knows...)

mega4.jpg

mega14.jpg

mega12.jpg

They were killing me with this book all weekend. Every time I was near, I could hear Mike whisper, "Chamber of Chills 19." I get paid Friday...is it rent, or this?

mega11.jpg

I ended up buying this and not remembering until the next day.

sfsadf.jpg

mega10.jpg

Mega3.jpg

Mega2.jpg

This is my favorite picture from the con. Those two girls were super funny and creepy.

Mega1.jpg

This is the dude that made me leave early on Saturday. We started getting into it because I didn't want to take a picture of him posing. After hearing myself say, "F#$% you, Gouku!" I realized it was time to split for the day...Early Times is bad news.

mega15.jpg

Sunday was slow and I was absurdly hung over. I waited in line for a Lavar Burton autograph until I realized it was $30. I tried to justify getting that Chamber of Chills again but just didn't have the cash.

Chewy felt as as I did, I guess.

mega12-1.jpg

Crazy good costumes on Sunday...Even if Power-girl is a dude.

mega13.jpg

I made a few more purchases from Bedrock and some other odds and ends.

sdgadsgw.jpg

barfart175.jpg

barfart174.jpg

Overall, it was good times. I've never attended a con by myself so it was an experience in self entertainment.

P.S.

If I'm doing this in the background of your photos of costumes...I'm sorry. It's habit.

_DSC0545.jpg

I made a few more purchases from Bedrock...

If I had known you were a boardie I would have shown you the good stuff :hi:

I met that Chewie in the bathroom. He was a really nice guy. He said he comes here every year with his son and gets dressed up.

I KNOW THAT GOKU.

Ok not really but he's been around for a long azz time.

Dude! When I got back home, I showed some friends that picture and told them that story and I got the same response.

They ran into him in 98 at AWA in Atlanta and he was being a back then.

At least he aged well.

I KNOW THAT GOKU.

Ok not really but he's been around for a long azz time.

Dude! When I got back home, I showed some friends that picture and told them that story and I got the same response.

They ran into him in 98 at AWA in Atlanta and he was being a back then.

At least he aged well.

I've talked to him a few times when I was younger (like, a good 10 years ago) and he was pretty decent to me. Then again I was also like, 13/14 years old. But I've heard things. Many things.

I had no idea he was branching out into non anime cons. Good for him.

The handle of the sword doesn't look right either. :sick:

Looks right for him.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :eek:

Reason 1 why I don't take my son to comic book conventions, no reason for both of us to be scarred for life.

mega4.jpg

Kinda looks like the guy in the video below... hm

who's booth was this? nice stock hm

That's Tony holding the Chamber of Chills that tempted beastfeast all weekend. He was helping out at MCMiles' booth, aka All Select Comics, over the weekend. MCMiles does have some really nice books. Drop him a PM. (thumbs u