• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #1 Club

1,679 posts in this topic

Not sure if I posted this lol ..thanks to Jeff for the WD #1. It was bought as a blue label and cracked to get signed for Kirkman then re cracked for Moore to sign it. I was nervous but kept its grade :banana: 1 of 39 on census

15g8msp.jpg

So, we have 7200 first print run according to Diamond. Currently we have 633 graded.

Give me you best guest:

1. Ultimately, how many of the 7200 made it and still exist?

2. How many will eventually be graded? Less than 50%, more than 50%, more than 75%.

3. Will the ratio of 9.8/9.6/9.4 hold or have we culled out most of the 9.8s and most that are left readers?

4. Will a 10.0 surface?

So, we have 7200 first print run according to Diamond. Currently we have 633 graded.

Give me you best guest:

2. How many will eventually be graded? Less than 50%, more than 50%, more than 75%.

3. Will the ratio of 9.8/9.6/9.4 hold or have we culled out most of the 9.8s and most that are left readers?

4. Will a 10.0 surface?

1. 7,199

2. 1,000 in the census. But it will really only be 700. For example: A large number of those signature series books are being counted twice since they used to live in blue labels. (Plus, people keep sending the same books back to be graded again looking for an upgrade. :baiting: )

3. The ratio is already off. There are more 9.8's than 9.6 copies. I see this staying the same, because you can sell a 9.2 or 9.4 for more raw. 2c

4. Yes

Perhaps all the #1's have found their way into the hands of serious collectors who don't want to part with them.

Not quite ;)

hm

No, I must keep my focus...

Give me you best guest:

4. Will a 10.0 surface?

I hated statistics class..