• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dudeman's comics and our cross country move!

29 posts in this topic

:hi: Hey all! Made the move from coastal North Carolina to the high desert of Twentynine Palms, California. Making the drive in our Suburban with my wonderful wife and four 4-legged babies (including my cat with congestive heart failure!) was a stressful, but beautiful drive across I-40, with stops in Nashville,Tennesee, Yukon, Oklahoma, and Flagstaff, Arizona (it snowed four inches overnight!).

I was constantly worried however, how my 300 slabbed and 2500 or so mylite 2 bagged and boarded comics fared in the back of the moving semi. During the three days the movers were packing us up, I supervised how the packers very professionally boxed up my comic boxes, marking each box as fragile and with a high value tag on them all (including my tattered readers box!) :applause: . During load day however, I had to jump into the mix to stop the loaders from using their slide system (a long card board ramp) from the second floor to the first because the boxes were heavy. To their credit, once I stopped them, they carried each and every box out to the truck. (thumbs u

I arrived at our new house in California five days later and was blown away by views on all sides of mountains and crisp, dry air. I felt blessed to have the whole Dudeman crew safely across the US, however still worried about my comics.

The next day the shipment arrived and a new crew began to offload our belongings. The comics did not make it off until mid afternoon and I was worried when the moving boxes were slightly compacted. I began unpacking them in my new comic room, worried a little when I found some were stacked upside down and to my relief, everything made it a-ok! :applause:

Everything made it relatively unscathed including my life sized Darth Vader statue!

Darth1.jpg

Suprisingly however, not a comic shop to be found within an hour of my location-ugh! Time to stop reading moderns I guess! (shrug) Just as well, I have to save up for San Diego!

:banana:Chris

I live right on the other side of that mountain. No comic shops until Moreno Valley :sick:

Hey Dupont-if I remember correctly you mentioned Players off of Ironwood and Pigeon Pass. Do you know if it still there? I also want to check out 4 Color Fantasies in Rancho Cucamonga.

Yeah players is still there. I misplaced their business card but this is their location. They are not open on Monday.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&oq=&gs_rfai=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=players+comics+moreno+valley&fb=1&gl=us&hq=players+comics&hnear=moreno+valley&cid=0,0,12830504941595280142&ei=G6-hS9CZB4H-tQPUjYCMBA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQnwIwAA

There is another one in MoVal I forgot what it's called. The place is a real mess but if you take the drive out there you might as well check it out, you could find something. It's next door to Big 5

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gl=us&oq=&gs_rfai=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=moreno+valley+big+5&fb=1&gl=us&hq=big+5&hnear=moreno+valley&cid=0,0,3047217055018821323&ei=UrChS560FY2ysgOCps2LBA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQnwIwAA

As far as I know those are the two closest comic shops.

Yeah that place is awesome. I haven't had a chance to really look the place over because the only time I ever went there was on FCBD but I do plan on really getting to know that place when I can. They have a little video game area with some game featuring pretty much every character from every 2d 1 on 1 fighting game ever. Lots of toys and statues too.

You know, I have to say this: you come across as positive every time you post. It's great to have someone like you as a part of this community!

Congrats on the move!

Love the Vader statue. Just too cool!

You know, I have to say this: you come across as positive every time you post. It's great to have someone like you as a part of this community!

Congrats on the move!

Love the Vader statue. Just too cool!

Thank you Brother for your kind words! It's great to be a part of this community and have a place to talk to other folks who dig the same the thing. Since I have been a part of this community, I have met some awesome folks-

DSCN0621.jpg

DSCN0590.jpg

DSCN0606.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

Can't wait to meet up with a few more boardies in San Diego! Good times!!

1655256-banana2.gifChris