• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman # 1 Blue label 9.0 to be auctioned on ComicLink again.

542 posts in this topic

Know what would be something? But we may never know publicly.

But what if the Tec 27 CGC 8.0 heritage winner goes after the Batman 1 CGC 9.0?

It is cool to think whether true or not.

The Bat-Fan in me hopes he does and the Batman 1 CGC 9.0 sells for a great price. :grin:

One factor that may contribute to the 9.0 vitality in the marketplace is that it is the highest grade that ever comes to market and probably will be for the foreseeable future. While it may be more "common" than some of it's contemporaries, I still can't shake the significance of that " first Joker and Catwoman" thing. 325 K......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think Bedrock was just teasing me because I just picked up my copy.

:grin:

(thumbs u BTW, Congrats on your Bat 1. It's a beaut!

I think Bedrock was just teasing me because I just picked up my copy.

:grin:

(thumbs u BTW, Congrats on your Bat 1. It's a beaut!

Thanks Mr. B!

My gut is the tec 27 owner already has a nice bat 1...sorry to burst your hope :cry:

I agree with you he probably does! Maybe not a 9.0 though? Or maybe he does, but if not I hope he snags it. And I agree with your 250-300K estimate. That would be a great price for it.

Question: Is this the next million dollar comic ?? Is it possible at all in anyone's opinion ??
I would be shocked if this particular copy hit 250K

Interesting. So you think that in this era of skyrocketing GA prices, this copy will sell for less than its peer did several years ago?

in a vacuum, it should...only because the 280K copy clearly looks superior to this copy (to me)... no top edge chip, no erased "s", better pq, etc... and that copy took almost 2 years to find a buyer at 280K...

that said, this copy "should" sell for less, because while the number is the same, its eye appeal is a grade less to me ... however, while I would be "shocked", it certainly has the potential to blow past the previous copy's price... and it probably will (thumbs u

I don't think that's a full chip on the top edge. Looks like color loss to me.

My thoughts then and now (I made this exact comment almost 2 yrs ago when it sold for 280k) was that the realized price was "two years ahead of the market"... Well 2 yrs have passed and I feel the 9.0 at around a 300k is now "validated" and I see no reason why it would be a double in price book today?

My thoughts are the price paid then is what it should sell for today (thumbs u

Good point, and I agree with you. When the $280K price was announced, most people thought it was a real overpayment.

Question: Is this the next million dollar comic ?? Is it possible at all in anyone's opinion ??
I would be shocked if this particular copy hit 250K

Interesting. So you think that in this era of skyrocketing GA prices, this copy will sell for less than its peer did several years ago?

in a vacuum, it should...only because the 280K copy clearly looks superior to this copy (to me)... no top edge chip, no erased "s", better pq, etc... and that copy took almost 2 years to find a buyer at 280K...

that said, this copy "should" sell for less, because while the number is the same, its eye appeal is a grade less to me ... however, while I would be "shocked", it certainly has the potential to blow past the previous copy's price... and it probably will (thumbs u

I don't think that's a full chip on the top edge. Looks like color loss to me.

ok, I will compromise....distracting visual color chip :baiting:

I just don`t get the demand for Batman #1, just like I`ve never gotten the demand for ASM #1.

This from a man who collects drekky SA DCs... :baiting:

Credibility, meet the other side of the window. lol

(worship)

And Ducks :gossip:

I just don`t get the demand for Batman #1, just like I`ve never gotten the demand for ASM #1.

This from a man who collects drekky SA DCs... :baiting:

Credibility, meet the other side of the window. lol

(worship)

And Ducks :gossip:

First, it's a #1, which always means something to people. And even people not in the hobby recognize the cover.

Then, try naming another comic book that introduced two villains who are both better known than all but a few superheroes.

They've added the Trolley copy of All-American #16...

RADD36C52010319_17125.jpg

:o

:takeit:
hm ................................ :takeit:
if we are sharing, I want the front cover and centerfold :baiting: