• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon is coming........

75 posts in this topic

Are your forum dinners at the convention center, or are they at local restaurants? How well attended are they?

......who is going and does anyone want to help me put together a CGC forum dinner? confused-smiley-013.gif

I will be there - but I think my wife and monkey child are also coming - hopefully they will leave me at the show and go to the malls. I think I am going Friday only though to avoid the larger weekend crowds. I think Steve L. and Jason Ewert will be there too.

I will be there on Saturday for sure, but I have to work on Friday. How can I be of assistance??? I wouldn't mind helping getting someting set up, heck depending on the size of the group I could probably even get us into a Movie for free at Point Orlando, which is basically across the street from the Orange County Convention center!! If there was like 50 of us, then probably not, but if it's just a small get together I could definitely get us all in?

thumbsup2.gif

......who is going and does anyone want to help me put together a CGC forum dinner?

What night? I was planning on being in Orlando on Friday only...

And will you be extending an invitation to Mr. Greg White? grin.gif

Sure.....along with dupcek/koos stooges.gif ,the two would make for some fun conversation 27_laughing.gif

I think Friday might be the best night, but that depends on which night is best for everyone. confused-smiley-013.gif

I will be there on Saturday for sure, but I have to work on Friday. How can I be of assistance??? I wouldn't mind helping getting someting set up, heck depending on the size of the group I could probably even get us into a Movie for free at Point Orlando, which is basically across the street from the Orange County Convention center!! If there was like 50 of us, then probably not, but if it's just a small get together I could definitely get us all in?

thumbsup2.gif

We need someone to keep this thread bumped, keep track of who is going, and find a restaurant that is very good, not too pricey and by the con that will take a reservation for a large party. We have had dinners of 10 people all the way up to 25.

CGC will help pay part of the bill, like the apps or something. thumbsup2.gif

Keep 'em honest, Steve.

I don't want these yayhoos driving up the cost of slabs.

gossip.gif

thumbsup2.gif

We need someone to keep this thread bumped, keep track of who is going, and find a restaurant that is very good, not too pricey and by the con that will take a reservation for a large party. We have had dinners of 10 people all the way up to 25.

Sounds easy enough there are a ton of resturants on I-Drive, but on a Friday night it would be nearly impossible to get reservations for a party of 25 foreheadslap.gif I will start tracking the forum member he confirm on this thread, and although I am sure it will get bumped by others as well, I will make sure it stays on the front page.

Whats your definition of pricey??? There's a Hooters at Point Orlando, along with Adobe Gilas and the food is good, but they're not like world class resturants or anything grin.gif

There's also a Ponderosa Steakhouse, a Crab house, Bennigan's, Dan Marino's Town Tavern etc. I think I can make a lot of recomendations and then depending on the interst level I have no problems with trying to secure a reservation where ever we choose. I may be going to the Con on Saturday, but I am off at 5:00pm on Friday so Dinner would not be a problem.

I'll add a link to the resturants available:

International Drive

If anyone see's something that strikes there fancy, just post it here and I'll keep track of that as well.

thumbsup2.gif

Sounds easy enough there are a ton of resturants on I-Drive, but on a Friday night it would be nearly impossible to get reservations for a party of 25 foreheadslap.gif I will start tracking the forum member he confirm on this thread, and although I am sure it will get bumped by others as well, I will make sure it stays on the front page.

Whats your definition of pricey??? There's a Hooters at Point Orlando, along with Adobe Gilas and the food is good, but they're not like world class resturants or anything grin.gif

There's also a Ponderosa Steakhouse, a Crab house, Bennigan's, Dan Marino's Town Tavern etc. I think I can make a lot of recomendations and then depending on the interst level I have no problems with trying to secure a reservation where ever we choose. I may be going to the Con on Saturday, but I am off at 5:00pm on Friday so Dinner would not be a problem.

I'll add a link to the resturants available:

International Drive

If anyone see's something that strikes there fancy, just post it here and I'll keep track of that as well.

The Crab House might be a good choice. I have eaten there many times with many comic friends and the also have chicken and steak for those that don't eat seafood. Very comfortable place for a big group.

thumbsup2.gif

I was down in Orlando recently on business..Point Orlando's pretty cool. What's the name of that bar by the Hooters? It's up on the upper deck. They play whacked out party games in there and the waitresses are cute too. tongue.gif

They play whacked out party games in there and the waitresses are cute too.

Don't forget gentlemen: "What happens in Orlando...gets broadcast to the world via the CGC Forums" thumbsup2.gif

So if you wake up on Saturday with a hangover and a two thousand dollar receipt for a lap-dance you can't recall getting, you have to share it with us. 27_laughing.gif