• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon is coming........

75 posts in this topic

I will be there on Saturday for sure, but I have to work on Friday. How can I be of assistance??? I wouldn't mind helping getting someting set up, heck depending on the size of the group I could probably even get us into a Movie for free at Point Orlando, which is basically across the street from the Orange County Convention center!! If there was like 50 of us, then probably not, but if it's just a small get together I could definitely get us all in?

thumbsup2.gif

I was down in Orlando recently on business..Point Orlando's pretty cool. What's the name of that bar by the Hooters? It's up on the upper deck. They play whacked out party games in there and the waitresses are cute too. tongue.gif

There's two places:

Adobe Gilas and Lu Lu's bait shack!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I will be there on Saturday for sure, but I have to work on Friday. How can I be of assistance??? I wouldn't mind helping getting someting set up, heck depending on the size of the group I could probably even get us into a Movie for free at Point Orlando, which is basically across the street from the Orange County Convention center!! If there was like 50 of us, then probably not, but if it's just a small get together I could definitely get us all in?

thumbsup2.gif

I was down in Orlando recently on business..Point Orlando's pretty cool. What's the name of that bar by the Hooters? It's up on the upper deck. They play whacked out party games in there and the waitresses are cute too. tongue.gif

There's two places:

Adobe Gilas and Lu Lu's bait shack!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif I think it was Adobe Gila's

Nah, Steve's a sweetheart...however, if he brings any of those graders with him. mad.gif

sumo.gif

sumo.gif

Finally! I have arrived! acclaim.gif

Greggy has blessed me with a Graemlin! cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

oh, yeah, almost forgot... sumo.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Nah, Steve's a sweetheart...however, if he brings any of those graders with him. mad.gif

sumo.gif

sumo.gif

Finally! I have arrived! acclaim.gif

Greggy has blessed me with a Graemlin! cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

oh, yeah, almost forgot... sumo.gifmad.gifmad.gif

San Diego - July 2004 - Be there! mad.gif

Is the forum dinner going to be Friday or Saturday night?

I believe Friday night was the initial idea, but I am open to either night myself. If anyone has a particular preference, they can post it here and we can try to accomodate the majority of members!!! juggle.gif

Congrats on flipping the JIM #83 I just sold you- and people say Metropolis always sells for the tip top of the market. Truth be told I got a decent deal on the book and price it to sell.

V

I actually feel kind of bad. I really didn't want to flip the book as it was an issue I've wanted for 20 years. But when I saw so many other copies going for high prices, what's a guy to do.

Got anymore?

Actually, are you setting up at MegaCon?

And what other dealers are going to be there?

Well if you feel bad it was probably not the right move- that is what I always tell sellers- if you feel bad about selling a book or collection don't do it. But on the other hand it was a lot of money to make off of one book in a few weeks. Since I am doing the Wizard World LA show I will not be going to MegaCon. hi.gif

Well if you feel bad it was probably not the right move- that is what I always tell sellers- if you feel bad about selling a book or collection don't do it. But on the other hand it was a lot of money to make off of one book in a few weeks. Since I am doing the Wizard World LA show I will not be going to MegaCon.

I'm actually looking at your site right now, trying to find a way to spend some of my profits.

Too bad you won't be at Mega Con.

But maybe you can pick up some nice books in LA.

So I have this free Southwest ticket that I need to use by end of march. And since I haven't been to a real comic show in 20 years and since they fly direct KC to Orlando, I was thinking I might buzz into town for the weekend.

Never been to Orlando so I have some questions? Is there a reasonable way to do this without renting a car? Meaning, can I get a hotel room within a mile or so of the show for around a hundred or less a night? That's in an area with restaurants, or bars that I can walk to and check out, without getting shot, mugged, or slabbed?

Any help would be appreciated!

John