• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Art at Graphic Collectibles!!!

17 posts in this topic

Hey All!

Just updated our website with the following art:

Ed McGuinness - Hulk #20 pages

Jim Starlin - Vintage 1974 Captain Marvel #32 double page spread! "Fresh to the Market"

Matt Wagner - Zorro Covers

Mike Ploog - Spirit #31 & #32 pages

Robert McGinnis - Modesty Blaise painting!

Click http://www.graphiccollectibles.com/whatsnew/ to see all the goodies.

Thanks for looking.

Best,

Mitch Itkowitz

Graphic Collectibles

If you would only shut your mouth.

Ignore my posts if you don't like it. No one else complains.

Mitch

it's the rules, learn them. BTW, I'm using a keyboard to type

This spread from Captain Marvel 32 was published as a DPS but was actually done on a single art board?

Yup. And you know what? If I owned this piece, I would do something to this original that might really off a lot of art collectors. I would fill in all the numbered caption placements in the space field with black ink. Oh yes I would!

Now bring on the stakes and pitchforks!

Scott Williams

This spread from Captain Marvel 32 was published as a DPS but was actually done on a single art board?

Yup. And you know what? If I owned this piece, I would do something to this original that might really off a lot of art collectors. I would fill in all the numbered caption placements in the space field with black ink. Oh yes I would!

Scott Williams

Jeez Scott...I didn't even notice those numbers and I have been looking at this piece since Mitch put it up yesterday.

doh!

I was looking just about everywhere else on that piece. lol

Best,

Chris

Scott Williams

Jeez Scott...I didn't even notice those numbers and I have been looking at this piece since Mitch put it up yesterday.

doh!

Best,

Chris

That's hysterical Chris! I'm used to being so plugged into all things black and inky that the numbered captions in a spacey star field cried out to me to fill them in! I'm nothing if not consistent!

Cool Kraven page by the way!

Scott Williams

Scott Williams

doh!

Best,

Chris

That's hysterical Chris! I'm used to being so plugged into all things black and inky that the numbered captions in a spacey star field cried out to me to fill them in! I'm nothing if not consistent!

Cool Kraven page by the way!

Scott Williams

Thanks Scott,

It's not on the level of your Starlin iconic goodness but it is a piece that makes me smile inside. :grin:

Best,

Chris

Scott Williams

I'd prefer the option to scan the balloons from the comic, and paste them over a transparent layer.

Between you and me, I also filled with black ink a very small spot which was marked with a cross by Merino in an Avengers Forever page. Obviously, Merino forgot to do it...