• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30/35 cent books with diamond and blank box

103 posts in this topic

so after reading few pages Ithought RockMe was right, but im still confused.. So I leave it to you internets!!!, what is this?

Image23-1.jpg

Image24-1.jpg

Don't understand the question, but this is almost certainly a Whitman, printed specifically for Whitman.

What are the pictures supposed to show?

According to Doug Sulipa and John Mclure, these books are "early Marvel Direct editions" "often mistakenly sold as Whitman variants of Marvels" according to them, Whitman never published Marvel variants, but that it is a common misconception that they did. Just sayin'.

Ok, so having read up some more on this, are you saying that Sulipa et al are misrepresenting these books purely to create a market for them and that the books were actually from Whitman three packs only?

In which case does anyone have a scan of such a pack?

And before you flame me, I am not doubting anything you are saying, I just find it an interesting subject and am amazed that there doesn't seem to be a paper trail or horses mouth explanation from someone involved at the time.

This comic biz sure is murky ain't it?