• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,089 posts in this topic

Well, the dream is dead :sorry:

I LOVE the Suscha news pedigree books and even though the Suscha news #1 was a 5.5 and lower than I'd like, I really wanted that book. It's been on eBay for over a year with a ridiculously high BIN. I tried a couple times to work a fair deal with no luck. I looked the other day to see if maybe this time I could work a deal and saw this :censored:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-1-CGC-SS-5-5-SIGNED-BY-STAN-LEE--AYERS-SUSCHA-NEWS-PEDIGREE-1963?item=320794533806&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7309302528131570784#ht_1904wt_689

I'm not a sig guy at all so I'm biased but those sig placements are especially horrible IMO. Even if the price wasn't insanely high, I'd never buy the book now. Those sigs just completely kill the entire book. Now, I get that lower grades like 5.5's are the perfect cAndidates for SS but NOT Pedigree books for gods sake!

So sad! Guys, don't SS Pedigree books please!

I LOVE the Suscha news pedigree books and even though the Suscha news #1 was a 5.5 and lower than I'd like, I really wanted that book. It's been on eBay for over a year with a ridiculously high BIN. I tried a couple times to work a fair deal with no luck. I looked the other day to see if maybe this time I could work a deal and saw this :censored:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-1-CGC-SS-5-5-SIGNED-BY-STAN-LEE--AYERS-SUSCHA-NEWS-PEDIGREE-1963?item=320794533806&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7309302528131570784#ht_1904wt_689

I'm not a sig guy at all so I'm biased but those sig placements are especially horrible IMO. Even if the price wasn't insanely high, I'd never buy the book now. Those sigs just completely kill the entire book. Now, I get that lower grades like 5.5's are the perfect cAndidates for SS but NOT Pedigree books for gods sake!

I am the opposite, I love SS books, but I have to agree, the placement of both sigs are rubbish and totally spoil the book.

Its getting hard to find a book not signed by Stan these days.

Keep off the pedigrees.

I completely agree. The SS placement is horrible. Ruined the book in my opinion.

It was such a nice frealing book for a 5.5 before those sigs!

I never got close enough to a deal with the seller to ever bother calling and getting the graders notes but that thing was about the nicest 5.5 I've get seen! Unless the scans are photoshopped that was a CRAZY nice 5.5. I can't believe he completely ruined it :cry:

Unsigned, he was asking 3k and wouldn't budge. I made two MUCH more than fair offers and just got a condescending response shooting down my offers he was prepared " to wait as long as it takes to get his price". No one paid "his price" in over a year. For the life of me, I can't understand how he thinks those two HORRIBLE sigs is gonna make someone shell out another 2k! Hell, you could get a 7.0 and have money left over for that!

Any sigs woulda annoyed me but I can't believe just how bad those ones look! That dang Stan Lee cockroach book barely looks worse! :sick:

I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere but this seems to be the proper thread.

Did anyone notice that there is a 9.8 #4 in the census now? Anyone have the story? I'm sure it will pop up somewhere on an auction site soon. :gossip: