• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,277 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2022 at 12:04 PM, Artifiction said:

A little bit of color touch on the cover, but that's ok by me. I still love it. Oh, and so does my eighty year old mother! :bigsmile:

Danged scanner line....

img20220217_01554750.jpg

My fav also just love that one :luhv:

On 2/18/2022 at 10:20 PM, Jayman said:

I’ve only seen this book in magazine collectors guides and always wanted a copy. What a cool cover! From 1966 a short lived would be contender to Warren’s FM. Came with a cool slick color poster inside!

Modern Monster # 1.jpg

0FAF9D3F-A45B-4B58-9965-2A08028162AA.jpeg

Really colorful‼️👍😷

On 2/18/2022 at 10:20 PM, Jayman said:

I’ve only seen this book in magazine collectors guides and always wanted a copy. What a cool cover! From 1966 a short lived would be contender to Warren’s FM. Came with a cool slick color poster inside!

Modern Monster # 1.jpg

0FAF9D3F-A45B-4B58-9965-2A08028162AA.jpeg

Is this a rare book? The cover art is awesome, and the poster :cloud9:

On 2/19/2022 at 10:19 AM, Artifiction said:

Is this a rare book? The cover art is awesome, and the poster :cloud9:

Probably not, but I consider it a title not widely collected therefore the demand for it is not high. Your average dealer would not be carrying copies or seeking to find any for his inventory. This just makes it harder to find but not necessarily rare. The early Magazine collectors guides were in many ways like the Gerber Guides. Showing pics of mags that I had never seen before. This was the first time I saw a copy offered so I jumped on it!

On 2/19/2022 at 11:05 AM, Jayman said:

. In the movie, he just pulls his hands off with brute strength. I was pleased to see the comic was actually more realistic whereas he could not do that and needed help from others. Conan did bite the vulture by the neck though, that was the same! :headbang:

You may want to watch the movie again. 

On 2/19/2022 at 11:31 AM, wombat said:

You may want to watch the movie again. 

Yeah, I was thinking when I posted that I was just going from memory. I just pictured Arnold grunting and pulling both hands with the nails out of the wood and thinking, no way! :insane:

Guess it’s time to watch again…

On 2/19/2022 at 11:35 AM, Jayman said:

Yeah, I was thinking when I posted that I was just going from memory. I just pictured Arnold grunting and pulling both hands with the nails out of the wood and thinking, no way! :insane:

Guess it’s time to watch again…

I watch it at least once a month. Its in the rotation. 

On 2/19/2022 at 11:39 AM, wombat said:

I watch it at least once a month. Its in the rotation. 

I confess I looked up that scene on YouTube just now and didn’t remember any of that! Even forgot it was a tree instead of the cross. :whatthe:
That was the first movie, right?

On 2/19/2022 at 11:50 AM, Jayman said:

I confess I looked up that scene on YouTube just now and didn’t remember any of that! Even forgot it was a tree instead of the cross. :whatthe:
That was the first movie, right?

Yes. The second is complete garbage. One of the most disappointing movies I have ever seen considering how much I love the first one. And the remake. We don't even talk about that.