• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,222 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2022 at 11:41 AM, Rip said:

Thanks, got two books in the deal. The Creepy 3 was a 9.2 for $50, while the Eerie 10 $30 turned out to be only VF.

I can't complain too much since I would have paid $80 for just the 3.

Oh, right on. That was a great deal!

I just received an e-mail that says:

Speaking on behalf of Dave In Detroit = To all bidders who have placed a bid on eBay auction number 194816143327 we are sadly informing you this auction has been closed due to unexpected circumstances. All 24 other auctions have been closed prior to the expiration date as well. The magazines you placed a bid on "were not sold outside of eBay". We have left 3 auctions posted so individuals may check back from time to time for the possibility of all items being relisted. Until that time we thank you for your understanding.
Mr. Chris W. / Family Representative

On 2/13/2022 at 2:47 PM, Rip said:

I just received an e-mail that says:

Speaking on behalf of Dave In Detroit = To all bidders who have placed a bid on eBay auction number 194816143327 we are sadly informing you this auction has been closed due to unexpected circumstances. All 24 other auctions have been closed prior to the expiration date as well. The magazines you placed a bid on "were not sold outside of eBay". We have left 3 auctions posted so individuals may check back from time to time for the possibility of all items being relisted. Until that time we thank you for your understanding.
Mr. Chris W. / Family Representative

I got the same message.  

On 2/14/2022 at 11:11 PM, OtherEric said:

In today.  This gives me the complete run of Eerie 2-11, the classic Archie Goodwin edited run. 

There are a lot of good stories and covers later in the run.  But the very early Goodwin issues of Eerie (and Creepy, and Blazing Combat) are truly something very special.

Amen to that!  I've evangelized a bit about these early Warrens because I think that in many ways (and for obvious reasons), it's on par with the heady days of the EC offices.  Whether it's the incredible Alex Toth narrative work or the Steve Ditko ink washes or the Wally Wood linework, all of these early books have something special in them.  Eerie 5 is probably my favorite with the incredible classic "A Matter of Routine" by Goodwin and Colan.

routine-1.thumb.jpg.1bc131f294ee5c22421a68ec7488e07a.jpg

routine-3.thumb.jpg.e5cca4e750c39f439c4c89ba7bd38c1e.jpg

On 2/15/2022 at 1:38 AM, Randall Dowling said:

Amen to that!  I've evangelized a bit about these early Warrens because I think that in many ways (and for obvious reasons), it's on par with the heady days of the EC offices.  Whether it's the incredible Alex Toth narrative work or the Steve Ditko ink washes or the Wally Wood linework, all of these early books have something special in them.  Eerie 5 is probably my favorite with the incredible classic "A Matter of Routine" by Goodwin and Colan.

routine-1.thumb.jpg.1bc131f294ee5c22421a68ec7488e07a.jpg

routine-3.thumb.jpg.e5cca4e750c39f439c4c89ba7bd38c1e.jpg

Great choice! I love hearing others choices for fav issues and stories. The Adam’s, Wood and especially the Ditko work was so great and different being black and white with the larger than comic book format. Growing up with Ditko art in the comics then seeing his inkwash style in these mags was amazing!