• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,357 posts in this topic

On 7/13/2023 at 11:08 PM, OtherEric said:

I didn't know we had a club for that one.  A great choice, though!

Yeah, I really just meant I joined the ranks of other collectors who have this issue. Such a great cover! Maybe a club should be started? (shrug)

I’m posting this here because this thread usually has the main magazine collectors here.

I’m looking for opinions on storing GRADED magazines in boxes. I have plenty of methods for storing comics and magazines but am having trouble finding a good storage box system for the magazines that are graded. I’m currently switching by graded comics and non graded magazines into these type of storage boxes but sadly they don’t make a graded magazine storage box. Any suggestions?

IMG_8738.webp.e497b04ccab414bc75802aa29d6013b7.webp

I purchased specially sized boxes to fit CGC graded magazines from Bill Cole Enterprises, but when I checked their website recently, it stated that they were "temporarily not available".  Hopefully they'll get some in soon.  The cardboard boxes are sturdy and are durable enough to stack.  

Today's book.  My second try at a copy, but this one does have the poster intact.

Does anybody know if the poster in this one is the same as the Creepy #55?  I don't have a copy of that one yet, with or without a poster, and the Warren Index and the GCD are both low on info about the posters.  Or does the Creepy #55 even have a poster, despite what it says on the cover?

Eerie_051.jpg

On 7/31/2023 at 11:40 PM, OtherEric said:

Or does the Creepy #55 even have a poster, despite what it says on the cover?

It does, as it took ME two tries to get a CREEPY #55 with the poster intact (the first try turned out to be detached, despite the specific claim of the seller to the contrary--but he offered a full refund and let me keep the book, so no harm, no foul).

I'm pretty sure they are not the same, but I don't remember for sure what they are.  I kind of want to say they are the Sanjulians from the covers of CREEPY #46 and EERIE #41, but I wouldn't swear to it.

EDIT:  Starting to think maybe one or both of them was 2-sided ("posterS inside"), so maybe they ARE both the same, and both of them have CREEPY #46 on one side and EERIE #41 on the other?

Now I'll probly have to break them out at some point... but not tonight.

Edited by Axe Elf

I was close; the poster in CREEPY #55 is double-sided, with the Sanjulians from CREEPY #46 and EERIE #40 (not #41).

So @OtherEric, what's the one in EERIE #51?

Verified, it's the same poster in both books.  Which would have struck me as being a dirty trick... if the poster wasn't double sided.  As is, you could buy one copy of each and display both sides.  So it's a good way to save money for Warren while actually providing a value to people who buy both.