• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,220 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I have no clue, myself.  If I had to wildly guess... first Pussycat?

That is indeed a wild guess...that is absolutely correct! Also, only solo Wallace Wood Pussycat story that was retouched when reprinted in the Pussycat compilation 3 years later. Also, technically, her origin. I consider it a Marvel key yet to enter the canon, but give it time!!!

2 minutes ago, wpbooks01 said:

That is indeed a wild guess...that is absolutely correct! Also, only solo Wallace Wood Pussycat story that was retouched when reprinted in the Pussycat compilation 3 years later. Also, technically, her origin. I consider it a Marvel key yet to enter the canon, but give it time!!!

I think you're completely right but It's such a tough book to find.  You have to search through a lot of smut to get there (including a few things you can't unsee) and I still haven't found a copy.  All of the men's magazine annuals are pretty tough but that one...

23 hours ago, wpbooks01 said:

I find it interesting that I had enough assorted pieces of information to make the guess.  I have perhaps half a dozen non-comic Goodman magazines in my collection total.  Here's the one I got a few weeks ago:

Star_Detective_1938_02.jpg

On 6/3/2021 at 7:33 PM, OtherEric said:

I find it interesting that I had enough assorted pieces of information to make the guess.  I have perhaps half a dozen non-comic Goodman magazines in my collection total.  Here's the one I got a few weeks ago:

Star_Detective_1938_02.jpg

This one real pretty copy 👍‼️‼️❣️

7 hours ago, greggy said:

scan0024.jpg

scan0025.jpg

scan0026.jpg

Where in the heck did you find the U.K. Vampis? I know you are quite a good grader, and only buy the best. What would YOU grade them to be? They look pretty high grade to me.

2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Where in the heck did you find the U.K. Vampis? I know you are quite a good grader, and only buy the best. What would YOU grade them to be? They look pretty high grade to me.

I bought them from Doug Sulipa.  He's had these listed on his site for years.  I should have bought them earlier, as he had listed 9.2 copies of 1 and 3 as well but they were gone by the time I finally decided to order them.

They weren't cheap, as the number one was graded a 8.0 and was $149 and the 4 was graded a 8.5 and was $89.  The flaws are on the back cover mainly.

I'm happy with these but should have jumped on these years ago. 

20 minutes ago, greggy said:

I bought them from Doug Sulipa.  He's had these listed on his site for years.  I should have bought them earlier, as he had listed 9.2 copies of 1 and 3 as well but they were gone by the time I finally decided to order them.

They weren't cheap, as the number one was graded a 8.0 and was $149 and the 4 was graded a 8.5 and was $89.  The flaws are on the back cover mainly.

I can relate to this... my thrift has probably cost me way more than it has saved me over the years. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

28 minutes ago, greggy said:

thats what she said.