• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,219 posts in this topic

I was on the hunt for Creepy's and Vampirella's,and I found a treasure trove at Wonder Con.

I picked up Creepy 1 through 10,87(blazing combat Frazetta cover)and Vampirella #2,Annual #1.

I'm basking in the Con after glow,so I'll get pics up soon.

I was on the hunt for Creepy's and Vampirella's,and I found a treasure trove at Wonder Con.

I picked up Creepy 1 through 10,87(blazing combat Frazetta cover)and Vampirella #2,Annual #1.

Sounds like a great haul. Pics please!

Sounds like a great haul. Pics please!

Okay,now that Easter is over.I took a couple of quick shots.

IMG_0201_zpsbmins2ep.jpg

IMG_0202_zpsuiypwe5h.jpg

IMG_0203_zpsbxfxdydp.jpg

IMG_0200_zpsmebudftf.jpg

IMG_0198_zps8d6m0qwk.jpg

:applause:

Those look like nice high grade copies. Those creepy yearbooks were tough for me to find in high grade. And that vampi annual is so underrated. It is her origin issue. I think it is just as key to have as issue 1. Congrats! You have some great reading ahead of you.

:applause:

Those look like nice high grade copies. Those creepy yearbooks were tough for me to find in high grade. And that vampi annual is so underrated. It is her origin issue. I think it is just as key to have as issue 1. Congrats! You have some great reading ahead of you.

:cloud9: Happy more people don't realize how tough Warren horror mags are to find in high grade yet,one day they will get their due. I mean isn't it crazy that you can find a Creepy #1 in 9.0 or above for less than 200 dollars? Or a Vampirella #1 in 9.2 for less than a thousand dollars?

Insane to me,but kind of glad that I can pick up these gems before they get noticed more by the masses.

I agree. I think a lot of collectors don't realize that these mags have great art by many many of the greats of the silver/Bronze Age. Where else can you get Colan, Ditko and Wood all in one issue? Not to mention Marcos, Wrightson, Kaluta -the list goes on.

I have 30+ double cover comic books but this is my 1st double cover magazine. :cloud9:

MAD%20192%20NM-%20Double%20Cover%201_zpsxhhthzbv.jpg

MAD%20192%20NM-%20Double%20Cover%203_zpsbhp8bcy4.jpg

That's interesting because I have a double-cover Mad from the same time period (issue #184). I'll take a pic next time I am sorting through the issues.

It's really a shame your copy of that double-cover Mad isn't in better condition, huh?

I have 30+ double cover comic books but this is my 1st double cover magazine. :cloud9:

That's interesting because I have a double-cover Mad from the same time period (issue #184). I'll take a pic next time I am sorting through the issues.

It's really a shame your copy of that double-cover Mad isn't in better condition, huh?

I was actually surprised how nice it was when I received it. The seller graded it a 6.0 but it's much better than that. I'm thinking 9.2-9.4 with a press. He must have been grading it on the outside cover only.

I just noticed that there's a MAD #200 double cover on eBay as well. Sounds like 1976 to 1978 is a prime time period to look for double cover MAD magazines.

I just noticed that there's a MAD #200 double cover on eBay as well. Sounds like 1976 to 1978 is a prime time period to look for double cover MAD magazines.

Must have had a slippery printing machine... That Mad #200 doesn't look too bad. If I were in a buying mood I would snag it.

I was going through one of my magazine boxes today. Decided to re-group a lot of stuff, and take some fresh pictures. Here are some of the magazines in my collection (some new acquisitions, but most of them older). I am sparing you my collection of New Yorkers, National Lampoons, Games Magazines and other sentimental but not-that-interesting material. Instead, I will focus on the more out-there magazines I collect (and again, this is just some of what's in one box...).

First up: Some of my #1 issues of cool but not notably valuable comics/magazines. It's fun to have some #1 issues. I wish I had a #1 Vampirella to add to this group (I had one, and foolishly sent it back to a seller because a cover tear wasn't disclosed. I should have just kept the dang thing).

154786.jpg.cc64168057183ede0b75b2b2622c6181.jpg