• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,219 posts in this topic

I just received my very first Marvel Magazines (if we exclude the Captain Britain related ones from Marvel UK) and some Creepy with the Adam Link stories which I would like to complete. I haven’t scanned them yet, but will do so…

Thanks to Bounty Coder for some of them… :cloud9:

I just received my very first Marvel Magazines (if we exclude the Captain Britain related ones from Marvel UK) and some Creepy with the Adam Link stories which I would like to complete. I haven’t scanned them yet, but will do so…

Thanks to Bounty Coder for some of them… :cloud9:

Can't go wrong with Aron,he's certainly my go to guy for my horror mag fix. :headbang:

Indeed. :whee:

The conclusive issue, not from Aaron but from Warren Oates – still a very nice NM- and was surprised by the crazy white pages! :o

(I noticed Warren bought it from a reputable eBay dealer from which I also bought, which is 200% reliable on grading).

56UoDqDh.jpg

I had to settle on the MP#7, also from Warren: thanks Warren for letting me have this well-presenting lowgrade copy at an acceptable price.

Now that I have browsed it, I can tell the Satana story (which is an important one) looks fantastic, while the first apperance of Rocket Raccoon is a few panels at best. Nice early Keith Giffen art (I read that it’s his first professional work), but honestly who gives a dang about these movies… :sick:

JFWssznh.jpg

Something a bit different for my collection. A fanzine from 1970 with a Neal Adams pencil sketch on the front ...

MM6NAdams_zpsdf29da75.jpg

... and this illustration by Tom Fisher on the back.

MM6RonFisher_zps7d3720f6.jpg

This issue includes an unpublished Starhawk story by Roy Thomas (intended for Marvel Super Heroes?), an unpublished(?) Medusa drawing by Barry Smith & a Marie Severin Marvel Christmas montage. It also makes mention of a new Marvel black-and-white magazine called Savage Tales, with the first issue expected to hit the shelves on Jan. 12th.

In Ink Spots No.3 there is an amazing story by Fil Barlow called "Scarpion"

Here is a quote by the author:

"The story I did centers around a pacifistic race, called the Scarpion, who were hunted to near extinction for their glands capable of aiding organ regeneration in humans, there is one survivor. This solitary Scarpion has been kept safe in a hidden dimension blanketed by a sea of living, conscious, growths. A lone silicon girl races to protect the Scarpion from a hostile half-robotic intruder, who is intent on harvesting the Scarpion to restore his own damaged body. It is a tale full of irony and personal symbolism."

If you ever come across this magazine, don't pass it up!!!

That's not OA wish I did own the real OA to it, this was a custom project my friend did for me. He used the real pages from the Adventures #0 comic to glue the two pages together to make it look like the real thing ! it came out looking terrific as you can see. And you are right this comic does have that D&D feel to it. The artist name is Peter Hsu. Hope that helped out (thumbs u