• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Independent Comic Publisher / Artist

14 posts in this topic

An interesting thing happened to me the other day. I actually got to meet and chat with a comic book artist that did some work for Marvel, DC and actually worked with McFarlane on Spawn. He happened to be walking by my desk one day while I was out of the office and noticed several color scans of comics I had printed and posted on my walls. The books caught his eye and he asked someone about them and they told him that I was a collector and that I'm really into comics. :eyeroll:

Anyway, he left a message with a co-worker that he wanted to meet me. A few days went by and I was actually in my office :insane: and in comes this guy named Rob Taylor. He's the current president and publisher of "Superhuman Works". He's been working on two comic books that I have not heard much about, Ghost Fighter and Night Jak. He gave me his card and I checked out his website www.superhumanworks.com

ch_gf1.jpgch_nj1.jpg

I'm trying to get him to join the boards as there are always people inquiring about comic artists and how to put a book together etc. He's gone through the process and can provide some of you with some direction. This is just a great place to network and meet other fellow comic enthusiasts. :grin: Also according to his site he's also looking for some talent as well :shrug:

Has anyone met Rob? He has attended several conventions in the past.

That's pretty cool..what are the odds of that! lol I always have comic stuff in my office and wear comic t-shirts and hats. Not only do I like being a geek, but it's like a walking "want to buy" advertisement. You never know if one of my father's friends is going to hear I collect comics and offer up a stack of golden age books from when he was a kid lol

An interesting thing happened to me the other day. I actually got to meet and chat with a comic book artist that did some work for Marvel, DC and actually worked with McFarlane on Spawn. He happened to be walking by my desk one day while I was out of the office and noticed several color scans of comics I had printed and posted on my walls. The books caught his eye and he asked someone about them and they told him that I was a collector and that I'm really into comics. :eyeroll:

Anyway, he left a message with a co-worker that he wanted to meet me. A few days went by and I was actually in my office :insane: and in comes this guy named Rob Taylor. He's the current president and publisher of "Superhuman Works". He's been working on two comic books that I have not heard much about, Ghost Fighter and Night Jak. He gave me his card and I checked out his website www.superhumanworks.com

ch_gf1.jpgch_nj1.jpg

I'm trying to get him to join the boards as there are always people inquiring about comic artists and how to put a book together etc. He's gone through the process and can provide some of you with some direction. This is just a great place to network and meet other fellow comic enthusiasts. :grin: Also according to his site he's also looking for some talent as well :shrug:

Has anyone met Rob? He has attended several conventions in the past.

Wow,what are the odds of you actually meeting a comic book artist :insane: