• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 Characters You Would Like To See Make A Modern Comeback? (Any Company)

106 posts in this topic

3) Rocketeer.

How the HELL could I forget the Rocketeer! doh!

Nice sentiment, but I really don't think it should be done now that Dave Stevens has passed away. :sorry:

I agree. Bringing him back without the master to illustrate him wouldn't work. There might be a couple guys who could pull it off. Jim Silke maybe? Mark Schultz could do it.

hm I revise my thinking. Get Mark Schultz to do it and hell YEAH! bring back Rocketeer

I think Matt Wagner could also draw an amazing version...

Possibly.

But I think you need a cheesecake guy. Cho could pull it off I think.

Rocketeer - only if the creative team is right.

I'm also jonesing for some new Mr. Monster material.

Me too. Long before there was Hellboy or The Goon, we had MR Monster, paranormal detective.

:cloud9:

I'd have to think a bit for 2-10, but hands down, the number one spot for me would be Ambush Bug.

Giffen, if you're trolling google looking for your name, please know this was always your best creation and we miss him (and this is someone who loves all your work, not least of which is your, in my mind, definitive JLA book).

Keith Giffen Legion... :cloud9:

I came to Giffen's 1989 Legion relaunch as a blank slate, having no experience (and thus no pre-conceived notions) with the Legion.

It blew me away.

#1-25 are a masterpiece.

Wildly, wildly, wildly underrated.

Giffen clearly loved the Legion most of all, and it showed.

I'd have to think a bit for 2-10, but hands down, the number one spot for me would be Ambush Bug.

Giffen, if you're trolling google looking for your name, please know this was always your best creation and we miss him (and this is someone who loves all your work, not least of which is your, in my mind, definitive JLA book).

Keith Giffen Legion... :cloud9:

I came to Giffen's 1989 Legion relaunch as a blank slate, having no experience (and thus no pre-conceived notions) with the Legion.

It blew me away.

#1-25 are a masterpiece.

Wildly, wildly, wildly underrated.

Giffen clearly loved the Legion most of all, and it showed.

Great Darkness Saga was superior as well. Just re-read via TPB and it holds up well.

I'd love to see another from-out-of-nowhere talented writer/artist team bring back the Swamp Thing and do something that could at least match (or maybe even top) the Wein/Wrightson and Moore/Bissette/Totleben runs.

I love those comics, it would be great to have some more of their caliber.

I'd love to see another from-out-of-nowhere talented writer/artist team bring back the Swamp Thing and do something that could at least match (or maybe even top) the Wein/Wrightson and Moore/Bissette/Totleben runs.

I would love to see that too :grin:

I doubt you could top the Moore/JT/SB stuff, but it would be nice to get something close.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gaiman do a Swamp Thing story. He'd make it interesting. Morrison could do some pretty good things as well.

I doubt you could top the Moore/JT/SB stuff, but it would be nice to get something close.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gaiman do a Swamp Thing story. He'd make it interesting. Morrison could do some pretty good things as well.

Is it true Gaiman was originally going to take over for Moore, but DC decided against it? (shrug)

Is it true Gaiman was originally going to take over for Moore, but DC decided against it? (shrug)

Never heard that, but certainly doesn't mean that was the case. If it was, DC dropped the ball on that. Unless, of course, they told him he could do his Sandman instead.