• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 Characters You Would Like To See Make A Modern Comeback? (Any Company)

106 posts in this topic

Think of it in terms of Wolverine joining the X-Men and going on to become one of the hottest characters in comics history. Post your top ten small timers/forgotten characters you would like to see given a shot at prominence. Since I'm mostly a Marvel guy I'll start the list with Marvels obviously.

1. Darkhawk (1st app. Darkhawk 1)

2. Bloodshed (1st app. Web Of Spider-Man 81)

3. Stryfe (1st app. New Mutants 87)

4. The Weird (1st app. The Weird 1)

5. Deadpool (1st app. New Mutants 98)

6. Omega Red (1st app. X-Men 4(vol. 2))

Okay so I can come up with 6 (and one of them is a joke)...I want to see who else you guys think.

No order:

1) Evil Ernie

2) Union Jack III

3) Quasar

4) Mr. Sinister

5) Omega Red

6) Cypher

7) Taskmaster

8) Archangel

9) Ripclaw (from Image)

10) fine....Darkhawk

1. Darkhawk (1st app. Darkhawk 1)

Okay so I can come up with 6 (and one of them is a joke)...

:whistle:

I like Bucky as Cap better than Steve Rogers.

Okay now that we've both said hurtful untrue things I think the healing process can begin.

No order:

1) Evil Ernie I haven't ever read the original, every time I'm just about to snatch up the original books the seller backs out of selling

2) Union Jack III Don't know this one

3) Quasar Playing a somewhat small role in Realm of Kings

4) Mr. Sinister This guy is the absolutely most evil thing of the 90s. I'm looking very forward to the upcoming season of Wolverine and The X-Men due to Sinister's involvement. I also heard that this is the character who will be prominent in the Gambit movie if it ever gets going.

5) Omega Red I think they should totally work him into the next Wolverine movie wearing the communist red and all.

6) Cypher Who?

7) Taskmaster Kicking much Asgardian Azz in Siege cross-overs.

8) Archangel He's gone?

9) Ripclaw (from Image) Who?

10) fine....Darkhawk Totally awesome and underused character. You're damn right he makes the list!

Dredd

Yes I am a man of diverse taste.

AMEN BROTHER! I know DREDD would be considered a ''Bronze creation'' But his first AMERICAN appearance WAS in 1983 so he would count as a Copper hero in my book.

Dynamite Entertainment WAS planning on doing a ''ULTIMATE'' version of DREDD written by Garth Ennis, but they apparently dropped it in favor of ROBOCOP.

I'd have to think a bit for 2-10, but hands down, the number one spot for me would be Ambush Bug.

Giffen, if you're trolling google looking for your name, please know this was always your best creation and we miss him (and this is someone who loves all your work, not least of which is your, in my mind, definitive JLA book).

I'd have to think a bit for 2-10, but hands down, the number one spot for me would be Ambush Bug.

Giffen, if you're trolling google looking for your name, please know this was always your best creation and we miss him (and this is someone who loves all your work, not least of which is your, in my mind, definitive JLA book).

Did you pick up the recent Ambush Bug 1-Shot?