• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Con forum dinner--Reservation made. 6pm at Lucky's. Please read.

36 posts in this topic

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that I will most likely be taking over dinner reservation responsibilities. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I have plenty of time this week to make a good list of local places, call around, and get something squared away.

If anyone sees this thread please let me know if you're in and how many guests are coming along with you.

Trying to get a head count right now. I have a decent idea of who is going so I will send out a PM to everyone soon.

I think it would be fun to do pizza and beer or something as we don't necessarily need to go to a traditional restaurant. Will save everyone a lot of money anyway.

It's too bad I didn't reserve a hotel room suite a few months back. That would of been nice to have a big after party there instead of just a dinner. Maybe next time.

Thanks and if anyone wants to help, shoot me a PM.

I have asked Dan if he would be so kind as to assume the responsibility of being the point man for the dinner. I am unsure if I am going to be able to make the con and/or the dinner as there are some personal issues that I need to address in the coming weeks. I hope that things will be cleared up enough to allow me to attend but I am unsure at this point and I didn't want the dinner plans to get lost as it is only 2 weeks away.

Thanks Dan (thumbs u

I have asked Dan if he would be so kind as to assume the responsibility of being the point man for the dinner. I am unsure if I am going to be able to make the con and/or the dinner as there are some personal issues that I need to address in the coming weeks. I hope that things will be cleared up enough to allow me to attend but I am unsure at this point and I didn't want the dinner plans to get lost as it is only 2 weeks away.

Thanks Dan (thumbs u

:sorry:

Hopefully it will work out for you to attend! :wishluck:

Thanks Dan (thumbs u

I hope everything is ok! :foryou:

I'll figure out something everyone can agree on though...I mean this is Boston right? There are so many restaurants in the area it's insane.

I know everyone was mentioning Pier 4 and my parents did at well. They said while they can take a large group, it's just not worth it for how much it costs.

I'll keep everyone posted in this thread daily though.

I'm giving Lucky's a call tomorrow. Their menu seems nice and they have a lot of cool appetizers and drinks. Not cheap but definitely not an expensive restaurant.

Any thoughts? I went back into the old thread and saw Andy mentioned it already. It's close as well and possibly within walking distance.

We'll keep checking daily though and calling places daily. I just hope interest doesn't fade out now that Kingsley and I are organizing it lol

I'm committed to getting this done though.

Hopefully we'll get "lucky" with Lucky's!

Ya Dan im with you i say cheaper the better (since all my money will be spent at the show). If we go to some fancy expensive restaurant chances are we wont be sitting together, and the food will be some weird stuff lol

We have a reservation! http://www.luckyslounge.com/

Seems like a great place. Not dirt cheap but this is Boston also lol I think it's pretty reasonable though! They have great appetizers and entrees and a good beer selection.

It's tentatively set for 6pm on Saturday the 10th. I need to call back in the next couple of days to give them a head count.

So please, if you're going to the dinner, PM me to confirm. I will go into the old thread and start PMing people as well.

I hope people are still excited. I know it's bitter sweet because Jon can't make it, but we'll still have fun and maybe he'll surprise us.

So it's planned unless anyone has any major concerns about Lucky's.

I'm giving Lucky's a call tomorrow. Their menu seems nice and they have a lot of cool appetizers and drinks. Not cheap but definitely not an expensive restaurant.

Any thoughts? I went back into the old thread and saw Andy mentioned it already. It's close as well and possibly within walking distance.

I don't know Lucky's but If Andy recommended it, then I'm sure its top shelf, given his sophisticated palate and penchant for waitresses of ample bosom! (thumbs u

I don't know Lucky's but If Andy recommended it, then I'm sure its top shelf, given his sophisticated palate and penchant for waitresses of ample bosom! (thumbs u

lol

Well, as they say, you can look at the menu as long as you don't order anything ;)

We should be approaching 20 people soon. I'm going to make a concise list when I have a few min to do so. Then I'll be able to call them back with a solid number. Waiting to hear back from a couple dealers for sure. I'll probably give them a number 5 people higher than what I have as I know people will be coming at the last minute.

The reservation is for 20 so we should be fine either way.

Thanks to everyone! This will be a lot of fun!