• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed

69 posts in this topic

:takeit: Trumps All.

Here's a couple of books that could help you save some money in Foolkiller's thread tonight. Both books are raw.

In case you missed it, he's got a couple of pretty sweet high end slabs up for sale that you could get as much as 10% off of if you spend a $1,000 in other threads in a single day.

Shipping cost not included in price. I will let you choose the service that you want as long as it's USPS. Any questions, please post here or PM me.

SilverSurfer1.jpg

Silver Surfer 1, Great Colors. Most of the wear on the cover is apparent. There are a lot of "impressions" on the cover that I'm not sure if you'll be able to see, looks like someone drew something and used the SS 1 as their clipboard. You can also see a pen mark on the cover. The book actually presents really nice and I think the pen "impressions" could probably be pressed out if someone were so inclined to do so.

Price is $195 $135 $120

SilverSurfer1.jpg

Silver Surfer 1, Great Colors. Most of the wear on the cover is apparent. There are a lot of "impressions" on the cover that I'm not sure if you'll be able to see, looks like someone drew something and used the SS 1 as their clipboard. You can also see a pen mark on the cover. The book actually presents really nice and I think the pen "impressions" could probably be pressed out if someone were so inclined to do so.

Price is $195

$195? Really? I have a CGC 7.0 #1 that I got for the same price...

:popcorn:

SilverSurfer1.jpg

Price is $195

$195? Really? I have a CGC 7.0 #1 that I got for the same price...

pass that corn

LTS,

Interior is really nice, probably what would be consistent with a FN/VF(7.0) book. The wear on the front cover makes me want to say VG/FN, (like 4.0-5.0) but I also know that this book is a real pain to find without the cover being detached from the spine.

Then I guess we do not see eye to eye on the grade or price of this book 2c

I'm not sure exactly why you almost seem to take this as an insult. The price is what I set as it is my property and therefore I can ask $2,000 for it if I want.

Unless you're in the market for one of these (which you say you have a slabbed 7.0 so why would you be?) and the price is like "Man I want that book, but that's more than I want to pay" in which case you should PM me (or any other seller for that matter) and say "Hey I'd really like that book, but is there something we can work out on price?" instead of taking a big ol' smelly dump in their sales thread.

Do you not think that I know it's overpriced in comparison with price guide?

Let me draw your attention to the below scan, in particular the right hand column about pricing.

OSpricing.jpg

So really, pricing isn't determined by guides and previous sales or at least it shouldn't be when the market isn't soft, it's determined by what I'm willing to sell for and whether or not a buyer is willing to pay it.