• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS System Interruptions

13 posts in this topic

Just saw this on the USPS web site. Not sure if it affects any of you.

USPS System Interruptions: Updates as of March 31, 2010 1:00p.m. ET

Point-of-sales systems at Post Offices are currently experiencing slower response times and some online applications have been interrupted. All Post Offices remain open. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We are hopeful that full service will be restored shortly.

The following online applications are affected:

* Hold Mail Service

* Carrier Pickup

* Redelivery Service

* PO Boxes Online

Please continue to check the website for updates. We appreciate your business and your patience.

Greatgoogamooga that's some news! When did this happen? Why wasn't I consulted about this? Name changing willy nilly that's what this is! I'm surprised Arch even takes your PMs anymore, really.

Oh, and that other thing about the post office, well that pales in comparison doesn't it?

With Easter being the second busiest Holiday of the year I'd also expect mail service to be a bit on the slow side as well.

Just saw this on the USPS web site. Not sure if it affects any of you.

Point-of-sales systems at Post Offices are currently experiencing slower response times and some online applications have been interrupted. All Post Offices remain open. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We are hopeful that full service will be restored shortly.

The following online applications are affected:

* Hold Mail Service

* Carrier Pickup

* Redelivery Service

* PO Boxes Online

Please continue to check the website for updates. We appreciate your business and your patience.

My postmaster told me this was all due to the Mass Mailing for your Name change announcement clogging up their entire system.

Thanks a lot, Googa.

I ain't gonna call ya Pov ever again. :sumo:

With Easter being the second busiest Holiday of the year I'd also expect mail service to be a bit on the slow side as well.

Roy to be honest it doesn't get that busy on Easter compared to mothers day or Valentines day. Heck tax day is the second busiest time of the year for the post office. I should know I am a window clerk :(

Point-of-sales systems at Post Offices are currently experiencing slower response times and some online applications have been interrupted.

hm Just the typical sh*ty service we receive anyways, lol,