• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOS ANGELES ROCK'N COMIC-CON

54 posts in this topic

The Amazing

[font:Arial Black]STAN LEE! [/font]

to launch the inaugural

[font:Comic Sans MS]LOS ANGELES[/font]

[font:Comic Sans MS]ROCK’N COMIC-CON™[/font]

Pasadena Convention Center, May 28th-30th, 2010

FAME LA , Vanguard Productions, and Animation Ink, in cooperation with Desert Wind Comics, announce the Los Angeles Rock’n Comic-Con 2010 at the Pasadena Convention Center featuring Guest of Honor, legendary Marvel Comics Creator Stan “The Man” Lee. Stan will launch the major new convention with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and will be honored during the Comic-Con which runs Memorial Day Weekend, Fri., Sat., Sun. - May 28th-30th. Stan joins an ever-growing list of stars from the worlds of film, comics, music and animation that will be attending the event.

Stan Lee is the creator and/or co-creator of many of the greatest comic book characters of all-time including Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Avengers, The Incredible Hulk, X-Men and many more. Stan is the most influential writer and editor in the history of comics, and appears frequently in films and on TV.

Stan Lee will be launching the first annual LA Rock’n Comic Con with a historic ribbon-cutting ceremony. This landmark moment is not to be missed! Be a part of the excitement and buzz of this premiere event which will be covered by media and live radio broadcasts.

Stan Lee, and legendary Marvel Comics innovator, Jim Steranko will be featured speakers in a Marvel Comics & Captain America 70th Anniversary tribute panel moderated by noted comics history author J. David Spurlock. Hall of Fame artist-writer, Steranko followed his revolutionary Captain America, Nick Fury, and X-Men work at Marvel by working on famous films with George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Francis Ford Coppola.

This is a rare, not-to-be-missed opportunity, for True Believers to attend a world class line-up panel discussion and tribute, meet and photo opportunity, and have their collectibles autographed by Stan “The Man” Lee.

General Admission, VIP Press & Celebrity Reception Package and The After Hours Party tickets will be offered exclusively through Rock’n Comic Con website now on sale!

There will be door prizes, raffles and items specially signed by Marvel, Comic Book & Animation Industry artists, Illustrators, musicians and others during the event.

Visit www.PasadenaComicCon.com or www.rockncomiccon.com for complete details and to purchase your tickets for this once in a lifetime opportunity. Tickets are sure to go fast!

I am planning on going Friday. I am hoping to find some decent dealers there, but after Wizard Anaheim, my hopes aren't too high. Other than Terry's con and SDCC, I have been disappointed in all the other ones I have gone to in So. Cal.

Not a ton of stuff, but these are who it looks like will be there:

COMICS

702 Silver Comics

802 Boone’s Cartoons, Greg Boone

903 Creative Fire Studio, Inc., Mike Grell

704 Pacific Comics

805 Geoffrey’s Comics

706 Crazy Cat Comics

905 Scott Shaw!

804 DIG Comics

806 Exhibit A Press, cartoonist Batton Lash

907 Bob Ranken

905 GTimes Forgotten

708 Bronze Age Bonanza

809 Comic Worx

710 Amazing Comics.com

909 Grand Fury

808 Rebel Toy Company

612 Lamp-In-A-Box

908 Phil Comic Collector Shop, plus foozball

1011 Old Comix

ARTIST ALLEY, ANIMATION

817 Artists Alley Mr. Toast

816 Artists Alley Mezmo Productions

821 Artists Alley Karen Krajenbrink

820 Artists Alley Girls Drawin Girls

822 Artists Alley Jordan Raskin

ARTIST ALLEY, COMIC BOOKS

823 Artists Alley Comic Book Divas

722 Artists Alley Robert Goodin

819 Artists Alley Fleecs Design

818 Artists Alley Walt Davis FM Designs

914 Artists Alley King Tractor Press

915 Artists Alley Art of Dawn Wolf

916 Artists Alley Kimberly Komatsu

917 Artists Alley Jay Pangan III

918 Artists Alley High Tower Comics

919 Artists Alley Draw DVL Productions

921 Artists Alley Geeks, The Comic Strip

920 Artists Alley Optic House.com

923 Artists Alley Ernster Studios

922 Artists Alley Puna Press, LLC

825 Artists Alley RC Young

824 Artists Alley Jean Kang & Rachel Young

925 Artists Alley Heroic Publishing, Inc.

924 Artists Alley BrainMachine Comix

1025 Artists Alley Marsh Rocket Comics

1023 Artists Alley KT Design

827 Artists Alley Flaming Artist Press

722 Artists Alley Magella, face painting

724 Artists Alley Temporary Tattoos, for kids

Some listed guests

Boone, Greg

Lash, Batton

Rice, Chandler

SNAKEBITE, MR

Enyart, Jack

Layton, Bob

Rubinstein, Josef

Spurlock, J. David

Fialkov, Joshua

MacQuarrie, Jim

Shaw!, Scott

Starr, Arne

Funt, Mike

Mell, Tory

Sienkiewicz, Bill

Von Sholly, Pete

Grell, Mike

Perry, Lauren

Smith, Jim

Wrightson, Bernie

Lash, Batton

Rhine, Robert

You would think that a 3 day con at the Pasadena Convention Center could get at least as many quality dealers at Terry's one day show at a community center in Yorba Linda. doh!

Phoenix, Pasadena, Phoenix, Pasadena...

Pasadena is 9 miles from my front door. Phx is 400.

Phoenix is still under heavy consideration because of the quality of the dealers..and that's just sad.

See you in Phoenix :baiting:

I still might hit this show on Sunday if time permits.

Yeah, I decided not to go to Phoenix. Too much $$$ for not so sure expectations.

I guess it's Pasadena, but the price is ludicrous. $50 for a 3 day advance pass? Phx was $30 advance, and that included tonight as a preview.

Ah well.

There's not a special price for people who just want to buy comics, is there..? ;)

UPDATED INFORMATION

For those of you interested. Onsite Stan Lee signing tickets will be available at the DWC booth as well as CGC submission including Signature Series will be available at the DWC booth. The show exclusive book AVENGERS #1 ROMITA SR. VARIANT will be available at the DWC booth which is booth #408. Creators Bob Layton, Joe Rubinstein and Joe Benitez will be at the DWC booth as well so stop by to get your books signed and all three creators will also be available for sketchs. We will be your one stop shopping spot for CGC SS opportunities. DWC will be acting as the facilitator for the show if anyone needs any help.

There will be a VERY limited number of Avengers #1 Romita Sr. Covers signed by John Romita himself available for purchase at the DWC booth and you will still have a chance to place your pre-order for the CGC 9.8 Signature Series signed by Stan Lee and John Romita. And of course on Saturday ONLY, Stan "The Man" Lee will be signing copies of this exclusive book as well as any other books right next door to the DWC booth.(Signing ticket required)

Avengers1RomitaSr.jpg

Off to a crappy start. 20 minutes after the con is supposed to start and the doors are licked and no one is making any effort to explain the holdup. Just a bunch of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons willing to overpay hanging out on the street. Maybe only 100 of us lined up right now.

STAY AWAY!

Only three or four comic vendors and most of them look like they are bringing their cannon fodder to blow out at 50 cent to a buck. Even Geoffrey left most of his stuff behind. There were more than 30 empty table (not tables with d-list celebs not there yet, just tables with no signs, people or products.

Show was supposed to start at 2, but they started letting people in 30 minutes late then took about 30 minutes just to get the first 100 people inside and they had nearly all prepurchased tickets. Of course, I don't know what panels or signings, if any, will be taking place because there is no schedule, program, or listings for the poorly planned debacle.

The Web site had stated Stan Lee would be signing from 3 to 7 today, but he still wasn't visible at his booth and it sounded like he may not be there until Saturday.

Easily the worst show I have been to at any price. Makes Wizard World Anaheim look like SDCC Jr.

p.s. This is posted from my hotel an hour after getting inside and that includes stopping to talk with Bernie Wrightson and a couple of small press writers I keep running into.