• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #24 CGC 4.5 Mod P resto for sale here

27 posts in this topic

Picked this book up at megacon last year raw and sent it off and CCG graded it a 4.5 Moderate professional restoration (Off White pages). The books looks much better than a 4.5 to me but I did know the book was professionally restored at the time of purchase as it came with the certificate etc. My scanner hasn't worked in a year but I can take images of the slabbed comic and resto certificate with my camera when I get home tonight.

First $400 takes it plus $10 shipping. (thumbs u

Here is the book prior to slabbing at CGC:

Matt Nelson was the restorer

Superman24front2.jpg

Superman24bc.jpg

I know some may not be interested until seeing the other pictures but I wanted to at least get the word out that I had one for sale prior to tonight (thumbs u

Forgot to add: :takeit: takes it so if you are interested in the book pending the additional photos just throw up a :takeit: and if you don't like the notes on the book I will just move on to the next :takeit:lol

I don't have the notes in front of me but I know it was cleaned, spine reinforced, color touch, and I think it has one small piece the size of dime or smaller replaced on the front edge of the color but I can't remember the other notes without the slab in front of me but I can post a picture of the slab and label later tonight doh!

That is a very strictly graded 4.5

Of course I would have to see it in person to make final judgment but from the photo......

This Superman 24 displays like a 5.0/5.5 easy.

Man, I would buy 4.5's that looked like that all day. I would probably have pulled the trigger on this book if I had not spent so much on the boards lately. So many nice books, not enough coin.

Good luck with the sale.

Bruce

Matt Nelson was the restorer

What did Matt project the book to grade at??

5.0 and I thought he was being conservative. :o I can tell you unrestored or resored I have never owned a 4.5 that looked that nice but it is what it is and that's a nice looking book for what I think is a very fair price considering I paid $350 and then paid to have it graded so basically I am only looking to get my money back out of it (thumbs u