• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 Overstreet Price Guide

63 posts in this topic

Especially if, as with previous guides, prices and market reports are reflective of late '09.

most of the prices in the guide aren't accurate anyways, so what's another couple months? (shrug)

It has been April for as long as I remember.

Now...July.

July 2010 (7th month of 2010) feels like a late release date for a book with 2010 in the title.

They say it's because they want to release the 40th anniversary edition at SDCC. Not smart.

Almost 30 years I remember it being April, and now Overstreet does this ? wtf ?

So does the guide resume its normal publication schedule after this year? (shrug)

An annual guide covering only nine months out of the year if normal publication is resumed.

I will continue buying the guide, but this is pretty silly releasing it after SDCC. :makepoint:

Especially if, as with previous guides, prices and market reports are reflective of late '09.

most of the prices in the guide aren't accurate anyways, so what's another couple months? (shrug)

lol ... hm ... :cry:

GPA is my guide...

I buy this from time to time for laughs.

(thumbs u

So what do you do about non-slabbed books, since GPA is only for slabs? hm

Overstreet is far from perfect and better in some areas than others, but it's rank hyperbole to suggest it is wholly irrelevant. :sumo: Many people check prices on books without thinking about it, even if they know something should be higher or lower--making the case that this book STILL guides folks in many ways. It is one of the tools out there--obviously not the only tool in town (insert punchline here :whistle:). It will become less relevant if it sticks to its annual deal (that ain't gonna last much longer), but its pages have been wandering in the comic book wilderness for 40 years. That's gotta be worth something. :shrug:

I just started getting into Golden Age books the last 6 months and I would be totally lost without the Overstreet guide. It seems like every time I check GPA for a Golden Age issue, the last sale is 2 years or older. The Golden Age guide prices seem to be a good starting point, just price the comic higher or lower based on the current demand/market conditions for a particular issue.