• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Just Certified a Second New Mutants 98 in 9.9

452 posts in this topic

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 is worth a lot of money in low grade...

NM #98 isn't worth the paper in low grade. A common book with horrible art and a decently cool character. Modern key issue maybe...but I just can't see why people do what they do. The difference in price for a 9.8 of a common modern and a 9.9 is completely absurd. I love CGC but this is buying a book for the label and manufactured rarity.

EDIT: I'm not saying CGC manipulated anything. Sorry if it came off that way. Their job is to grade the book and they do a great job at doing that. It's just this market and the type of collectors out there that do very weird things.

TMNT 1 even with its 3000 print run would be considered a common compared to some of the key goldenage books,if that`s not considered rare in the scheme of things as a copper then consider how easy the rest of the coppers are easy to get. ;)

This is the latest "Nigerian" scam. It is so rampant that the Bars in Canada and America have sent out alerts.

:eek: Nigerians are a crafty bunch.

A little more info about the Nigerian scam,I use to laugh about it until I found out by watching America`s Most Wanted that the guy who started is from Nigeria and a college grad from Nigeria,he came over here to the US and made over a million dollars,this shows there are a lot of gullable people and the sad thing was he gotaway with it, he took off back to Nigeria and now is on America`s Most Wanted .

Payback for colonialism is a beeeeyotch.

I just sent in two. Is there a way to check where it came from?

Yes. If you go to the census and turn off all the lights in your room. Then place a diaper (preferably clean) on your head. While typing the census information in, shine a blacklight on the screen. When the information pops up, the blacklight will show a small indicator of what region of the country the submission came from. Godspeed.

lol lol lol You're not well. You know that right?

sick...... and it didn't work in the slightest!

A $500 car has as much use as a $200K car

At this point, I think we can all agree that Roy has gone insane.

If we're talking practicality (which I'm pretty sure we were before you cut up my quote) I'd say I'm bang on.

(thumbs u

This is the latest "Nigerian" scam. It is so rampant that the Bars in Canada and America have sent out alerts.

A little more info about the Nigerian scam,I use to laugh about it until I found out by watching America`s Most Wanted that the guy who started is from Nigeria and a college grad from Nigeria,he came over here to the US and made over a million dollars,this shows there are a lot of gullable people and the sad thing was he gotaway with it, he took off back to Nigeria and now is on America`s Most Wanted .

actually he got away with 44 million, I was way off.

$44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin!

If we're talking practicality (which I'm pretty sure we were before you cut up my quote) I'd say I'm bang on.

Even then, you're way off, as everyday driving requires some engine pickup, reliability, safety, features like ABS, etc. that just don't get in a POS $500 rust-bucket.

A better comparison would be a base model and the top-of-the-line limited edition, gold embossed, automatic-roof, $$$$ edition.

Even then, you're way off, as everyday driving requires some engine pickup, reliability, safety, features like ABS, etc. that just don't get in a POS $500 rust-bucket.

A better comparison would be a base model and the top-of-the-line limited edition, gold embossed, automatic-roof, $$$$ edition.

Once again you are completely wrong, but if you want to challenge me on arguing about cars go right ahead. I don't think a single person on this forum will have a chance. Feel free to try.

I can find you 100 cars in the city of Toronto that will cost you $500, pass a governent safety test and be a fully functional automobile that will serve the practical purpose of going from point A to point B.

Obviously my statement wasn't meant to be exactly literal. I was trying to prove a point.

That point (which you will conveniently miss if you don't give a person the benefit of the doubt...which you are incapable of doing) is that an inexpensive substitute WILL get the job done on a practical level, but if someone CAN afford an expensive version for the sole purpose of having bragging rights, then that is their prerogative.

Once again you are completely wrong, but if you want to challenge me on arguing about cars go right ahead. I don't think a single person on this forum will have a chance. Feel free to try.

I can find you 100 cars in the city of Toronto that will cost you $500, pass a governent safety test and be a fully functional automobile that will serve the practical purpose of going from point A to point B.

Obviously my statement wasn't meant to be exactly literal. I was trying to prove a point.

That point (which you will conveniently miss if you don't give a person the benefit of the doubt...which you are incapable of doing) is that an inexpensive substitute WILL get the job done on a practical level, but if someone CAN afford an expensive version for the sole purpose of having bragging rights, then that is their prerogative.

Translation: "My is bigger than yours." :gossip:

I figured that out a long time ago :/

There is no great genius without some touch of madness.

Seneca

Translation: "Mine is real and all natural. Yours isn't."

Translation: "Mine is real and all natural. Yours isn't."

Translation: "I enjoy pegging."

Then why did he pick America instead of the UK, or France?

Oh wait, slavery doh!

Yeah, well, my *fork* is bigger than yours. So there.

I knew it. *spooning* leads to *forking* and...well...everyone knows *forking* leads to *knifing*.

:cry: