• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you own a CGC membership?

What's your CGC membership status?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. What's your CGC membership status?

57 posts in this topic

I think you mistook for caring.

I think you missed a couple words.

Look again. You're as bad as JC when it come to carving up posts.

Yeah, right. The classic Watson type first, edit later, don't mark the post as edited. I was born on a Thursday, but it wasn't yesterday.

And as it relates to your actual point, no, I didn't.

Yeah, right. The classic Watson type first, edit later, don't mark the post as edited. I was born on a Thursday, but it wasn't yesterday.

I can't wait to see you and Buck Biggins sharing Mai Tais in Chiacgo and getting so drunk that you two start poking one another with the little pink umbrellas and arguing over the lyrics to Culture Club's Karma Chameleon.

I can't wait to see you and Buck Biggins sharing Mai Tais in Chiacgo and getting so drunk that you two start poking one another with the little pink umbrellas and arguing over the lyrics to Culture Club's Karma Chameleon.

That sounds dreamy if I can have a beer or a bourbon, still get poked with the little umbrella and karaoke the Karma Chameleon.

I have been a paid member for the past three or four years and I submit directly to CGC (though it has been awhile!) I appreciate the liitle things like the Collector's Society lapel pin and yearly best in set certificates that are sent out. I enjoy being a member of the Society to such a degree that I don't mind paying the yearly dues.

:banana:Chris

Does one need to have a paid membership to submit books directly?

No.

you will very shortly.

i spoke with CGC the other day about this,and was told that they are doing away with the online submissions thru other sites,gpcollectables,comicpriceguide,ect...

and that unless you go thru a dealer or get either of the upgraded cgc subscriptions,you will not be able to direct submit.

I just signed up and submitted 4 books. I plan to submit more.

I love the board, and want to support CGC. I am first and foremost a comic reader, but the collecting side of it is an addiction of sorts that only adds to the experience.

I actually have three-four unused CGC express coupons from past years... (shrug)

doh! They expire, you know.

Uh yeah. No kidding. :(

(Actually, I think there may be some leeway in these cases where you have the original unused coupons. You have to deal directly with CGC personnel however. :wishluck: )

(It's called begging. :gossip: )

Does one need to have a paid membership to submit books directly?

No.

you will very shortly.

i spoke with CGC the other day about this,and was told that they are doing away with the online submissions thru other sites,gpcollectables,comicpriceguide,ect...

and that unless you go thru a dealer or get either of the upgraded cgc subscriptions,you will not be able to direct submit.

errr, so you have to pay now, to submit and to pay again for the service...

thats like having to pay for entry to McDonalds, order you food, then pay for it...

No, you just can't submit online unless it's through a CGC dealer website or your membership.

since when? ive not submitted for over 4 months now, but i did just that. nline form, four copies, 45 days later comics back. no issues that i recall.

No, you just can't submit online unless it's through a CGC dealer website or your membership.

im not sure if we are talking about the same thing or not,but i was told that cgc is doing away with all online submissions thru sites that offer the 10% discount..as stated before...gpcollectibles,comicpriceguide,ect....

dealers with their 20% off is a whole different thing....and i asume the books usually pass thru the dealer before going to cgc?

since when? ive not submitted for over 4 months now, but i did just that. nline form, four copies, 45 days later comics back. no issues that i recall.

you get the online sub form from cgc site? doubt it.

probably from one of the supporting sites that CGC will no longer be doing the 10% off sub thing thru...it will be by paid subscription or thru a dealer only(or on site at a con).