• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you own a CGC membership?

What's your CGC membership status?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. What's your CGC membership status?

57 posts in this topic

No, you just can't submit online unless it's through a CGC dealer website or your membership.

im not sure if we are talking about the same thing or not,but i was told that cgc is doing away with all online submissions thru sites that offer the 10% discount..as stated before...gpcollectibles,comicpriceguide,ect....

dealers with their 20% off is a whole different thing....and i asume the books usually pass thru the dealer before going to cgc?

I didn't think that CGC was still offering 20% off, even through dealers. It's only 10% which is the same discount as a member.

No, you just can't submit online unless it's through a CGC dealer website or your membership.

im not sure if we are talking about the same thing or not,but i was told that cgc is doing away with all online submissions thru sites that offer the 10% discount..as stated before...gpcollectibles,comicpriceguide,ect....

dealers with their 20% off is a whole different thing....and i asume the books usually pass thru the dealer before going to cgc?

I didn't think that CGC was still offering 20% off, even through dealers. It's only 10% which is the same discount as a member.

20% thru dealers still...

Which one? Go to GPA, for example, and it's 10%.

Im pretty sure Joey does if you use his pressing service,

Matt at classics when work is done,or pro-screen,ect...

Gpa is not a dealer.They are one of the sites as i mentioned that CGC is doing away with the 10% thing...no more.

JOEYPOST.

Matt at classics,ect...

Gpa is not a dealer.They are one of the sites as i mentioned that CGC is doing away with the 10% thing...no more.

Nope. Go to classicsincorporated.com and you'll see it's only 10%.

since when? ive not submitted for over 4 months now, but i did just that. nline form, four copies, 45 days later comics back. no issues that i recall.

you get the online sub form from cgc site? doubt it.

probably from one of the supporting sites that CGC will no longer be doing the 10% off sub thing thru...it will be by paid subscription or thru a dealer only(or on site at a con).

thats right, i didn't get the 10% off that we used to get...so where the hell did i get the forms from...perhaps it was a dream... (shrug)

I have been paying for one for several years out of appreciation for the site. Didn't join for the coupons, but I've been using them, not necessarily on cost effective stuff, lol...I DID submit one book on my own (sans coupon) this year...my first ever on my own:)

I figure the dues are worth it, where else could I see witty posts by Sean, and Doc and Tom, Sally and Harry?

;)

I have been paying for one for several years out of appreciation for the site. Didn't join for the coupons, but I've been using them, not necessarily on cost effective stuff, lol...I DID submit one book on my own (sans coupon) this year...my first ever on my own:)

I figure the dues are worth it, where else could I see witty posts by Sean, and Doc and Tom, Sally and Harry?

;)

So this is where Harry met Sally...

She must have been moaning about a sweet book she must've just gotten from Metro down the street.

;)

She must have been moaning about a sweet book she must've just gotten from Metro down the street.

:gossip:Well, they spooned out the real trio;) so I figured I'd be politically correct :acclaim:

;)

:gossip:Well, they spooned out the real trio;) so I figured I'd be politically correct :acclaim:

lol

JOEYPOST.

Matt at classics,ect...

Nope. Go to classicsincorporated.com and you'll see it's only 10%.

i would asume thats the online discount,when you do a sub form.that too will go away.just like the other sites i would imagine.

i just sent Matt books recently,and got 20%

The percentage discount passed to the client seems to be at the discretion of the CGC Retailer.

So it varies from site to site. (I think there's some built-in profit there for the CGC Retailer if the retailer wants/needs it.)

The percentage discount passed to the client seems to be at the discretion of the CGC Retailer.

So it varies from site to site. (I think there's some built-in profit there for the CGC Retailer if the retailer wants/needs it.)

how do you come up with that?

all the online sites are 10% and have been since cgc stopped the 20% thing a couple years back.All dealers that i've ever dealt with are 20%,but the book have to go thru them,in hand.

All the 10% discounts from the internet sites will be gone shortly,at least according to the conversation i had the other day with cgc.They told me " by the end of the month".

So what would be the reason for a dealer to accept submissions for CGC from other people? Where is the profit motive? Do they get a referral fee from CGC?

Because if there's no profit motive, the dealer still has to deal with the hassle of a PO'd client if the submission is lost or damaged.

So what would be the reason for a dealer to accept submissions for CGC from other people? Where is the profit motive? Do they get a referral fee from CGC?

Because if there's no profit motive, the dealer still has to deal with the hassle of a PO'd client if the submission is lost or damaged.

I dont have an answer for you there..

every dealer i've always dealt with gave me the 20% discount.

Including classics inc....but they are making their money off of the other services provided to the books(pressing,resto detection/removal,restoration,ect)

I do see your point tho.

Interesting results, I was expecting option #3 to be considerably higher.

Nice to know 6 of us are on an even keel with our crack dealers though.