• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade Slabs Marvel and DC, lots of Neal Adams - THREAD CLOSED

197 posts in this topic

PS 13 is great. you snooze you lose on a book like that. Good luck finding another copy in 9.4+ of that book.

Pretty much all the Phantom Strangers pre #14 are tough in 9.4+. They just don't command big money, which is pehaps why more haven't been slabbed (shrug)

You're lucky that Tec 395 sold, once I get started on that one I aint stopping until this thread hits 10 pages.

Cant agree more also Rahl on some of these PS Adams books. HOM and HOS get a lot of hype as the horror books to own but if you dont take a look at his run on Phantom Stranger youre really missing out. Could say the same thing regarding his work on Superboy and Brave and Bold with most focusing solely on his Bat and GL runs.

You're lucky that Tec 395 sold, once I get started on that one I aint stopping until this thread hits 10 pages.

Cant agree more also Rahl on some of these PS Adams books. HOM and HOS get a lot of hype as the horror books to own but if you dont take a look at his run on Phantom Stranger youre really missing out. Could say the same thing regarding his work on Superboy and Brave and Bold with most focusing solely on his Bat and GL runs.

Agreed (thumbs u PS 10 and Brave and Bold 93 are 2 of his best covers :cloud9:

This is such a great thread! I have two Adams books in the works, and agree with everything said by you guys. The more I look at Adams work, the more I appreciate the lesser known stuff. Anything Adams and DC is a win! But Tec, Brave and Bold, and HOM are my favorites. And include his Strange Adventures run with Deadman!

Detective 395 SOLD via PM :banana:
My banana isnt dancing... :(
These have pills for that...

They have pills to make it dance now :o

BTW, Phantom Stranger 13 is now SOLD via PM

DOVER! :frustrated:

:whistle:

:blahblah:

:foryou:

Dover put the entire forum on notice when he posted in this thread before his pm.

When you see Dover on scene, you'd better get to buyin'

(worship) What a great variety of books in this thread. If I wasnt hoarding money for C2E2 I'd hit some of these. The cover of the Phantom Stranger # 14 is just a knock-out.

DRX

(worship)What a great variety of books in this thread. If I wasnt hoarding money for C2E2 I'd hit some of these. The cover of the Phantom Stranger # 14 is just a knock-out.

DRX

That's because I have comic book ADD :frustrated: Partly why I'm selling so many of my books, need to refocus.

Stranger 14 has a GREAT cover. If anyone has a 9.6/9.8 for sale let me know.

Obviously by my signature I am partial towards the HOM covers, but the PSs are under-rated and under-valued IMHO as well. None of Neal's bronze/silver work should be overlooked, and you are missing out on some great material if you only acknowledge the more famous stuff.

(worship) What a great variety of books in this thread. If I wasnt hoarding money for C2E2 I'd hit some of these. The cover of the Phantom Stranger # 14 is just a knock-out.

DRX

+1

There's a number of nice Marvel books I'd love to snap up in this thread but I'm trying to focus my spending on my own CGC submissions and SS submissions at C2E2.

Dover put the entire forum on notice when he posted in this thread before his pm.

When you see Dover on scene, you'd better get to buyin'

that must be why you beat me to "that" book. Tell me, who are your sources????? :baiting: