• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phoenix Con May 2010

85 posts in this topic

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I will be getting a couple 2001 #1s signed and Sun a couple Stan signatures.

My brother also on the boards will be attending as well.

While I have yet to use the lightrail, I will be for this con. The tickets for an all day pass will be cheaper than parking.

Hope this con does well for everyone involved so it can keep improving.

FYI, for those of you going to the Phoenix show in hopes of meeting Todd McFarlane:

-----------------------------

Signing Information

Todd McFarlane and Greg Capullo will be signing together on Saturday, May 29th and Sunday, May 30th at Phoenix Comicon. On Saturday, McFarlane and Capullo will sign from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM at the McFarlane booth (303, 220-218). On Sunday, they return to the McFarlane booth to sign from 2:15 PM until 4:15 PM.

A limited number of autograph wristbands will be given out for each signing at the McFarlane booth (303, 220-218) starting at 10 AM on the respective day each signing takes place. Every attendee with a wristband gets the opportunity to meet and have items signed by McFarlane and Capullo. Limit two (2) items per person for each artist per day. In order to maintain maximum fan experience, please adhere to the daily limits.

------------------------------

Last year, when the show was in the smaller convention center, there was a healthy line in the mornings, but I think if you get there at least an hour early, maybe 90 minutes, you'll easily get a wristband. I'm not sure about this year, given the bigger location and the move to Memorial Day weekend.

Have fun, whoever is going!

Joel

Disappointed so far, hopefully tomorrow will be better. They were really disorganized with the entrance line for preview night, then dealers were sparse.

High point so far has to be robocard (Ed). Nice guy... Need to go back and haggle with him tomorrow. :baiting:

:wishluck: I am hoping tommorrow is a better experience for you. Since I havent been to a con in AZ since 1994 my expectaions arent all that high lol I will definetely be stopping by to see Ed tommorrow tho...

Did I mention that my middle name is "haggle"? :devil:

Looking forward to a better selling day tomorrow- lots of people but mostly "drifters" and browsers.

See you tomorrow.

Ed Robertson

lol

I got the fire marshal cracking down on them today... they had crammed the line in to the exhibitor hall down this narrow hallway last night... fire inspector just told them to quit it (apparently a number of people complained)... They said take the line outside... once the hallway fills. Feel sorry for the people outside though.

Just FYI for everyone attending -

Joe Pierson, CGC's Signature Series Director, is on hand at Phoenix Con representing CGC. He's located at Terry O'Neil's booth # 307. :grin:

Joe Pierson, CGC's Signature Series Director, is on hand at Phoenix Con representing CGC. He's located at Terry O'Neil's booth # 307. :grin:

Cool I will be seeing him tomorrow and Sun for some SS books. I am looking forward to seeing what Ed has left tomorrow. Please tell me its not full of Anime again. In any case I will bring along my camera for some photo ops.

Cool I will be seeing him tomorrow and Sun for some SS books. I am looking forward to seeing what Ed has left tomorrow. Please tell me its not full of Anime again. In any case I will bring along my camera for some photo ops.

Ed has some really cool stuff , picked up a bunch from him today

Dude, sorry to tell you this but it's full of Anime. I was just talking to a comic dealer about this.

Ed has some great stuff and gave me a good deal on a SS #6 and a couple DD books.

Unfortunately the place was PACKED!!! with the Anime peoples...

Got to meet Tortoise today as well and he was cool 2 (thumbs u