• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #1 on Craigslist

30 posts in this topic

...a bit of an odd duck.

You do realize what hobby you're talking about, right?

That's about as descriptive as saying "That one, over there". hm

"FIRST ISSUE OF SUPERMAN COMICS 1939 ALL ORIGINAL graded by cgc 5.0 last tear alone a issue sold for a million bucks graded at 10.0 my issue is 5.0 and is easily worth up to 200,000 its a good feeling on owning a piece of history"

His use of the English language is breath taking. meh

Is there anybody on the planet who has $200K to spend on a comic book and would send it to somebody on craigslist without seeing the book in person?

No, of course there isn't.

This is just another example of a would-be criminal who is too stupid to figure out a scam that somebody might actually fall for... :golfclap:

If I'm not mistaken the Larson copy is missing a back cover. It is possible that the guy had it restored and it's in a purple PGX holder now. We discussed this book a few weeks ago. It's owned by a guy out West named Theo Holstein who's a bit of an odd duck.

Then again it could be completely fake.

:insane:

What makes you say Theo is odd?

TheoHolsteinsm.jpg

Am I reading something wrong; he was selling Superman #1 for less than Torch #1, Subby #1, and All-Winners #1?

I own the book pictured in the add, the pgx restored copy doh!

and yes, the larson copy is missing the back cover, so this is 100% scam

Own or owned? Are you saying you have that copy now and he is using your scans or something? This whole senerio is odd. At first I thought this was a Nigerian scam but then I saw the flyer. The flyer is extremely strange and so was this guy legit and is going out with a bang or is the flyer a scam too!

I own the book pictured in the add, the pgx restored copy doh!

and yes, the larson copy is missing the back cover, so this is 100% scam

Own or owned? Are you saying you have that copy now and he is using your scans or something? This whole senerio is odd. At first I thought this was a Nigerian scam but then I saw the flyer. The flyer is extremely strange and so was this guy legit and is going out with a bang or is the flyer a scam too!

You got yourself all mixed up. They're different stories or you missed a joke or something.