• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sal Buscema Signing Opportunity!!!!!!

127 posts in this topic

Picked up some nice books at C2E2 for Sal to sign.
One forme maybe? :wishluck:

No one had any Hulk Annuals past #9 :sorry:

Did pick up a sweet Surfer #4, a few Caps and about 15 Hulks between 194-222.

Here is a list of his cover work.
Make sure to double check the info from here! Hulk236 is listed as Buscema cover pencils. It's a Milgrom cover.

Also Hulk 278 is not on the list, but is a buscema cover.

:ohnoez:

Make sure to double check the info from here! Hulk236 is listed as Buscema cover pencils. It's a Milgrom cover.

I pulled all the books I thought had a shot at 9.6 and better. So far I am at 42 books but need to trim that down. I have a sweet hulk 198 that is perfect :headbang:

I pulled all the books I thought had a shot at 9.6 and better. So far I am at 42 books but need to trim that down. I have a sweet hulk 198 that is perfect :headbang:

:banana:

hm

Do you guys happen to know Sal's first artwork? The earliest to me looks to be Avengers 68, but if anyone knows for sure that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Depends on how you define artwork i guess. I think avengers 68 was his first interior pencils , but according to wikipedia he was inking a year earlier and before that he was an illustrator for the US army. I wonder if he did any cool army posters hm

did Sal do that cover that AC recreated for you joey?

Nope, that was Hulk #168, Herb Trimpe cover (thumbs u

AC actually did two for me, the 168 you mentioned and the 197 cover swipe. Bernie Wrightson did the cover but Sal did the interior art for it.

For any interested. Not sure how CGC will handle the logistics but Ernie Chan is signing at Pittsburgh. Sal and Ernie did many issues of the run together. Most notably from 210-227. Had I known I would have had Starlin sign my issue #222 and had Sal double sign it.

Sal Buscema

Search for 'Sal Buscema' on eBay

Bio:

Born January 26, 1936 in Brooklyn, New York. Silvio, "Sal", Buscema is one of comic books most prolific artists, having pencilled all of Marvel's major super-hero characters and teams, including Spider-man, Captain America, the Hulk, Daredevil,Thor,Iron man, the Avengers, the Defenders and the Fantastic Four.

In 1968 Sal joined Marvel Comics where his first job was inking the Silver Surfer #4, pencilled by his brother, John Buscema.

Sal holds the record for the longest run as a penciller on a comic book from his work on Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-man. He pencilled 18 of the first 20 issues of the title, and returned to pencil the book in 1988 through 1996 (Issues #134-#238).

Earliest work I would say XMen 48 predates the SIlver Surfer though :shrug:

September 1968

Uncanny X-Men (1963) - #48

"Beware Computo Commander of the Robot Hive!"

Marvel

Writer(s):

Arnold Drake

Penciller(s):

Don Heck

Werner Roth

Inker(s):

John Verpoorten