• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HBD Flaming_Telepath!!!!

131 posts in this topic

OK, just returned from Birthday part two, all courtesy of my wonderful missus, and this I have to share...

With me setting up the business for the last twelve months and being otherwise unemployed, things have been massively tight around here. No holidays, selling my comics, etc, etc.

However, Michele got herself into a great job last year and has been working 60+ hour weeks under the most intense pressure. She's battered, bruised, beyond exhausted, but still standing.

She recently got her 2009 bonus confirmed and we allocated it to paying down some credit card stuff that had built up and also set aside £1,000 for her to go and treat herself to whatever she wanted.

I discovered tonight that what she had spent her £1,000 on was a brand new custom built Dell for me. My PC is seven years old and whilst it still just about functions, it's slower than treacle and crashes frequently. She said she couldn't go out and blow any of her money when she knows I struggle with an antiquated POS daily, so she's spent a couple of week talking with my business partner, John, on building a top quality piece of kit.

I was totally surprised, completely overwhelmed, and I've got to give it up for Mrs F_T. She really is unreal! (worship)(worship)(worship)

OK, just returned from Birthday part two, all courtesy of my wonderful missus, and this I have to share...

With me setting up the business for the last twelve months and being otherwise unemployed, things have been massively tight around here. No holidays, selling my comics, etc, etc.

However, Michele got herself into a great job last year and has been working 60+ hour weeks under the most intense pressure. She's battered, bruised, beyond exhausted, but still standing.

She recently got her 2009 bonus confirmed and we allocated it to paying down some credit card stuff that had built up and also set aside £1,000 for her to go and treat herself to whatever she wanted.

I discovered tonight that what she had spent her £1,000 on was a brand new custom built Dell for me. My PC is seven years old and whilst it still just about functions, it's slower than treacle and crashes frequently. She said she couldn't go out and blow any of her money when she knows I struggle with an antiquated POS daily, so she's spent a couple of week talking with my business partner, John, on building a top quality piece of kit.

I was totally surprised, completely overwhelmed, and I've got to give it up for Mrs F_T. She really is unreal! (worship)(worship)(worship)

Very special :) Happy Birthday!

She's definitely a keeper (thumbs u Congrats on the new comp! :applause:

Michelle is a star, you're a lucky guy Nick. :applause:

When my family was going through a tough time, Michelle cooked us a bunch of cakes to cheer us up and it was such a nice surprise, we really appreciated it and I won't forget it in a hurry.