• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which will be the best long term investment: Tecs or Actions?

283 posts in this topic

Illustrious . . . best wishes on finding your dream comic!

About seven years ago now, I started to get interested in GA comics. Back then the 1 comic book I wanted from my childhood memories of the cover was Detective Comics #8.

I was able to find one about three years ago.

DC8-2.jpg

My desire to collect more GA comics did not stop there. I now have a dozen early DCs, along with about 100 other GA comics.

To direct this post back to the topic, I believe there are 4 componets driving the market:

1. A stable economic environment

2. Collectors knowing these comics are rare and are willing to pay a premium to have them in the collection.

3. Investor class of collector.

4. The migration to GA comics from curious younger buyers who will evolve into serious collectors.

I guess I would consider myself a #4 entry.

I don't recall exactly. Somewhere in my collective consciousness it was just there. Perhaps it comes from some old ad for buying vintage comic books. It always captured my imagination of wondering what those old time comics where about. When I was a kid back in the '70s I loved watching the gangster movies of the '30s-'40s. That was part of the mystique also.

It is fascinating to me to hear how your interest in learning about GA comics came about from different media sources than what was available 30-40 years ago.

I believe, regardless of the generation, that shared fascination for GA comics is the energy source that propels the hobby into the future.