• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which will be the best long term investment: Tecs or Actions?

283 posts in this topic

how does anyone equate a video game, a cartoon ,action figures etc with the long term appreciation of Golden Age comics (shrug)

unless that 17 year old kid or 12 year old has suddenly come into a lot of lawn mowing money, those factors will have little to nothing to do with the appreciation (or lack there of) of vintage comics typically priced in the stratosphere already...

movie...that certainly could garner some interest in the golden age origins for some bigger money players, but ultimately, I say it will have minimal effect

if anything, the lawsuit with dc and s/s might have the most influential impact, bringing to light to the type of individuals (lawyers and such) that just love these type of "investments" lol

Good point, but I honestly was thinking it`s the 30 to 55 year old crowd that is buying the Batman video games,action figures and watching the cartoon and not the younger crowd you allude to.

Everytime I go into a video game store or toys r us it`s usually a bunch of adults grabbing all the Batman related action figures or drooling over the latest Batman videogame. lol

I see just the oppposite in my store and area... it is the younger kids and teens buying the video games...never seen a 30-55 buy (but that certainly doesn't mean they aren't)...

action figures appeal to the $10-20 price point, not the $15,000 price point buyer, so again, I don't see the connection (I would ask how many GA detective buyers on these boards, also collect the batman action figures?...my guess is a very small percent, as I can say that not one of my batman/superman action figure collectors even sniff GA comics)

how does anyone equate a video game, a cartoon ,action figures etc with the long term appreciation of Golden Age comics (shrug)

unless that 17 year old kid or 12 year old has suddenly come into a lot of lawn mowing money, those factors will have little to nothing to do with the appreciation (or lack there of) of vintage comics typically priced in the stratosphere already...

movie...that certainly could garner some interest in the golden age origins for some bigger money players, but ultimately, I say it will have minimal effect

if anything, the lawsuit with dc and s/s might have the most influential impact, bringing to light to the type of individuals (lawyers and such) that just love these type of "investments" lol

Its called relevence in today pop culture GATOR, Red Raven no relevence in today world, as such can not have the investment growth of the Batman or Supes

we are not talking about relevance of batman and superman to other GA characters...we are talking about which (if either) would be the better investment..supes or batman... I say that demand for both is cyclical, and that demand for neither is affected by the video game, action figure buyers of today (thumbs u

Its called relevence in today pop culture GATOR, Red Raven no relevence in today world, as such can not have the investment growth of the Batman or Supes

I might argue that one with you. Forget Standard and Poorer, it's the S&K Index that has potential growth potential where Red Raven is concerned. (thumbs u

I'd say it's a tie, which is why I'm enjoying buying both titles these days.

I too choose both (thumbs u

I'd say it's a tie, which is why I'm enjoying buying both titles these days.

I too choose both (thumbs u

I three choose both :grin:

While we are at it,

Its BAT Supe and Spidey (thumbs u as the top three in the world followed by the X Men :makepoint:(worship)

. Batman, Supe, spiderman and wolverine seem set as the top four characters to be recognized by comic collectors and the general public.

I don't know about Spidey. Yes he's number three in popularity etc, but his books have leveled off as the supply has grown. Its the GA vs SA comparison at its heart. Early Bats and Supes are so much scarcer in grade that the chase is apples and oranges. Id say GA bats and Supes have more legs ring forward than Spideys... no?

I don't know about Spidey. Yes he's number three in popularity etc, but his books have leveled off as the supply has grown. Its the GA vs SA comparison at its heart. Early Bats and Supes are so much scarcer in grade that the chase is apples and oranges. Id say GA bats and Supes have more legs ring forward than Spideys... no?
(thumbs u

Totally agree, I'm looking at it from a world demand relative to money paid, when you have enough demand to "support" a 1,000,000 sale on a AF15, compared to a Action 1 for 1,000,000/2,000,000 plus VF copy, the price point seem allign, regardless of SA/GA and or number of copies available.

Of the three Batman, has the Golden age roots, and is still cool and current with kids and collectors now, perhaps slightly more than Superman.

For Spidey to even be in the conversation, at 20 years the juinor says a lot about his star power,

IMHO

... I say that demand for (Batman) is cyclical,. . .

That is why I'm a seller of all my GA Batman's . . . one week before the movie is released.

HAH! Funny.

I think in the case of early Actions and Tecs, it comes down to what you prefer. Batman and Superman are pop culture icons, so historically I don't see how you could go wrong.

I see a changing of the guard. Nothing is hotter than Walking Dead.

I have been following comics the past 35 years, and in this span no comic book or franchise has ever been this hot. Not Batman,Not Superman,Not Spider-man and not even Obadiah Oldbuck. ;)

I see a changing of the guard. Nothing is hotter than Walking Dead.

I have been following comics the past 35 years, and in this span no comic book or franchise has ever been this hot. Not Batman,Not Superman,Not Spider-man and not even Obadiah Oldbuck. ;)

in 1989 Batman was just as "hot" (relatively speaking)... true, if I don't have at least 2-3 issues of every walking dead TPB available , I will sell out in a week (and this has been going on for months, probably sold over 50 copies each of all TPB 1-15)...but walking dead has transcended just "comic book" lore and hit main stream due to the TV show... without the TV, it was 8 years of relative obscurity, so I don't see WD as even being in the same ball park as, say a supes or bats or spidey... but, it certainly has legs right now (thumbs u

I see a changing of the guard. Nothing is hotter than Walking Dead.I have been following comics the past 35 years, and in this span no comic book or franchise has ever been this hot. Not Batman,Not Superman,Not Spider-man and not even Obadiah Oldbuck. ;)

wasn't Spawn the same way back in the early 90s? a movie, animated series on HBO, hottest selling title, etc. now, not so much.