• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which will be the best long term investment: Tecs or Actions?

283 posts in this topic

I am going to say this and I never thought I would and I don't mean it as harsh as it sounds, but, there have been so many Action 1's for sale lately I am mildly getting tired of seeing Action 1's. Love the book and it is the grail of our hobby but man there have been "alot" for sale recently.

Show me an Action 7 or Action 10, which I have not seen in a long while, and then I will be much impressed. (thumbs u

Yeah...I'm getting bored of seeing so many ones (for sale at least). Here's the 7 again and perhaps you will get bored of it soon.

"The poor man's Action 1"

DC-260-75B0C21362.jpg

(worship)

Perhaps the poor man's action 1, but that pic is of "a King NG" lol

That is the greatest NG I have seen to date. :applause:

And I still do not have my fill of Action 7 eye candy.

Here's a poor scan of the back. Maybe somebody out there could find out what the 8th page glued to the 7th page is. hm

action7back.jpg

that is one great thing about these boards, the cumulative info and puzzle solving ability!

and I believe it was the Dark Knight that provided the contact info to me a few years ago, so the boards' members are also very helpful too!

I think I offered the book to you first Rick, but I guess you turned it down :cry:

yeah, you did...I was a bonehead then, because I had already turned it down at 5-10K less previously... little did I know :cry: [/quote

Happens to all of us.. I missed on soo many chances on books that were cheaper to buy then now that I kick myself for it still. But if I ever hear from the owner that he is ready to sell, will let you know

let me go on record as saying that I will NEVER tire of seeing action 1, no matter how many are posted, available for sale, etc...and I will never be more impressed seeing an action 7 vs seeing an action 1...just calling it straight and simple...

action 7 is great, don't get me wrong, but action 1 is "the" book

let me go on record as saying that I will NEVER tire of seeing action 1, no matter how many are posted, available for sale, etc...and I will never be more impressed seeing an action 7 vs seeing an action 1...just calling it straight and simple...

You know I just one to see more "Action" on 7,10,13 for sale. :baiting:

I would love to see more for sale too ... :wishluck:

+1

I am going to say this and I never thought I would and I don't mean it as harsh as it sounds, but, there have been so many Action 1's for sale lately I am mildly getting tired of seeing Action 1's. Love the book and it is the grail of our hobby but man there have been "alot" for sale recently.

Show me an Action 7 or Action 10, which I have not seen in a long while, and then I will be much impressed. (thumbs u

Yeah...I'm getting bored of seeing so many ones (for sale at least). Here's the 7 again and perhaps you will get bored of it soon.

DC-260-75B0C21362.jpg

So you're the one who got that Came from a collection of early actions that all had cover and supe pages with glue on them (apparently to hold the pages together)

DC-260-75B0C21362.jpg

So you're the one who got that Came from a collection of early actions that all had cover and supe pages with glue on them (apparently to hold the pages together)

hm:cloud9:

When I saw that a copy sold with cover and superman pages gone, I wondered if you'd bought that to complete yours It's even conceivable that incomplete copy could've been the same one yours originally came from. (and you'd be able to tell from where the cuts occured) Sure the odds are long but not terribly long. While I've seen several collections of front cover and clipped pages of early actions and tecs, the number has gotta be comparatively small compared to the number of existing copies (which is a pretty low in itself)

DC-260-75B0C21362.jpg

very nice :applause:

+1 (thumbs u

sounds like a man of conviction rantrantlol

DC-260-75B0C21362.jpg

(worship)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering what FMV would be on this copy? Supe cover and story present only hm $2500-$3000? (shrug) I bet one would pay that if low grade 1.0-2.0s are running close to $10k.

DC-260-75B0C21362.jpg

(worship)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering what FMV would be on this copy? Supe cover and story present only hm $2500-$3000? (shrug) I bet one would pay that if low grade 1.0-2.0s are running close to $10k.

If a 1.0 slight resto was available again...it will be $15K+. I would never sell this copy under $8K though.

DC-260-75B0C21362.jpg

(worship)

If a 1.0 slight resto was available again...it will be $15K+. I would never sell this copy under $8K though.

(worship)

I think it will take me a decade before I ever go after a complete Action 7 with the prices.

But luckily I still have to get a 10 before that

And a 13 before the 10.

My Action quest continues..... might I ever reach the top of the mountain, might I even whisper that one day Ultimate glory, Action 1, might be mine...

Anyways Action 15 down - 13,10,7, 1 to go!

DC-260-75B0C21362.jpg

(worship)

(worship)

I think it will take me a decade before I ever go after a complete Action 7 with the prices.

But luckily I still have to get a 10 before that

And a 13 before the 10.

My Action quest continues..... might I ever reach the top of the mountain, might I even whisper that one day Ultimate glory, Action 1, might be mine...

Anyways Action 15 down - 13,10,7, 1 to go!

What a coincident...my first was an Action 15, then, 7, and then 13. I regret not going after Jay Parrino 2.5 in 2003 and David Alexander 4.0. BTW, does anyone have a scan of that 4.0 copy. Gator?

But Bat-Man do you link this observation witht he recent record sales ??

I am wondering if there are there not roughly just as many Tec27 copies for sale as we speak? I dont know - But in the Heritage archive I find two buy options for Action1, - I didnt find any on the auctioned Tec27 copies (shrug)

But Bat-Man do you link this observation witht he recent record sales ??

I am wondering if there are there not roughly just as many Tec27 copies for sale as we speak? I dont know - But in the Heritage archive I find two buy options for Action1, - I didnt find any on the auctioned Tec27 copies (shrug)

I don't fully understand your question.... hm

But if you are asking whether I believe Tec 27 is rarer than an Action 1. I say no.

And if your asking if I being a Batman fan value a Tec 27 over an Action 1, no.

Action 1 is king (thumbs u

I just feel I have seen an overload of them recently. Every other auction. Just my opinion.

there are more action 1 then 7,10 and 13 combined.