• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Showcase 23

32 posts in this topic

I would have trouble calling this a Fine from the scan, but the scan was gigantic and overemphasized the flaws. I don't think 5.0 or even 5.5 is out of the question, with the biggest problems being the creasing in the upper right front and the foxing.

Looks a lot better in a smaller scan...

Showcase23frontcover.jpg

even with the smaller scan i say 4.5 max

ton of spine tics, urc damage, that crease in the explosion cloud,crease by the "o" in "destroyer".

im saying 4.0 a shot at 4.5 no way any higher imo

sorry, it's not going to be a 6.0 and there's some suspicious looking color along spine. check for any marker bleed through on the inside front cover.

i'd say apparent 4.5 with amateur color resto.

That's a pretty copy but I think Detroit Mike called the color touch. On the giant scan it looks like some lighter spots have been darkened along the spine below the "1" in the "10c" price and between the "L" and "A" in "Lantern".

Great eye appeal, though!

sorry, it's not going to be a 6.0 and there's some suspicious looking color along spine. check for any marker bleed through on the inside front cover.

That's a pretty copy but I think Detroit Mike called the color touch. On the giant scan it looks like some lighter spots have been darkened along the spine below the "1" in the "10c" price and between the "L" and "A" in "Lantern".

If it is colour touch, can it be removed?

I would have trouble calling this a Fine from the scan, but the scan was gigantic and overemphasized the flaws. I don't think 5.0 or even 5.5 is out of the question, with the biggest problems being the creasing in the upper right front and the foxing.

Looks a lot better in a smaller scan...

Showcase23frontcover.jpg

I own three copies of this issue, and this copy looks a bit better than my 5.0, but not as good as my other 6.5's. This has a good chance as a 5.0+ if there are no other hidden defects.

Yeah, I'm afraid so on the color touch. Also at the bottom of the top staple. Tough break on that but it gives you a reason to return it to your store if you don't want to argue about the Fine grade. Any reputable dealer would accept that with no hassle.

Yeah, I'm afraid so on the color touch. Also at the bottom of the top staple. Tough break on that but it gives you a reason to return it to your store if you don't want to argue about the Fine grade. Any reputable dealer would accept that with no hassle.

Since my LCS' return policy window has now elapsed, I'll bit the bullet on this one and try and sell on at some point in the future. Of course, I will mention that it has had slight colour touch whenever I do decide to sell it. I would probably advertise it as a 4.5 with slight amateur colour touch.

Since my LCS' return policy window has now elapsed, I'll bit the bullet on this one and try and sell on at some point in the future. Of course, I will mention that it has had slight colour touch whenever I do decide to sell it. I would probably advertise it as a 4.5 with slight amateur colour touch.

Undisclosed restoration is something they should rectify regardless of their normal return policy window, unless we're talking years here. If they're reputable, that is.